View Poll Results: Mountain Location Map?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm 'up' for a mountain challenge!

26 96.30%
  • 'Down' with this idea

1 3.70%

Thread: Mountain Site map

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Mountain Site map

Since mountains are always a challenge, we're always looking for new techniques to emulate mountain landscape. So how about a challenge featuring a mountain top location such as an eyrie, an observatory, hall of the mountain giants, a mountain druids hide-away or just a simple mountain trail map.

Mountains must be prominently featured - you determine its alpine climate, the type of trees, the snowline, the treeline, whether its glacial or volcanic in erosion and creation.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Guild Adept Facebook Connected RjBeals's Avatar

Great idea. I always struggle with mountains.

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Great idea. Mountains are a constant topic of discussion. (and maybe we'll find the next great breakthrough for mountain construction).
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Already got an idea.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Sure, but only if people are willing to share their techniques; I would love to glean some tips in this area.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

I'm intrigued by this suggestion and would probably take it on even though I know I would probably bomb out on it, mountains are my achilles in any regional map. Grrr, stupid rocks. One vote yes.

Also, yodalling (check spelling) should be mandatory when having a mountain comp.

-D-
    People come and people go. I walk amongst them, I see their faces; but none see mine. I pass them in the streets but nary a glance is spared my way, for what interest would they have in a Wanderer? Not of this world... Forever Alone... Forever Wandering... LoneWandererD...

My DeviantART

Finished Maps

RIP Angel "Ingy" Yates - The first inspiration that guided me towards art. You will be missed...

Nice! I have long history of mountains-mapping war.

I've just been reading the yet uneditted version of my Kaidan PC monster race book, In the Company of Tengu. Once I get the final editted version sent to me, I'll be doing layout for possible release by the end of the month. Anyway, there's a type 'king tengu' for each mountain that tengu reside, called Daitengu. Daitengu are 20th level at least, non-evil tengu usually from Paladin (yamabushi) or Hishoken (Tengu Paragon) classes, though are sometimes Sen (wizards) as well. A shrine dedicated to the Wind kami spirit is near the summit of each such mountain, and also serves as the monastic residence of each Daitengu. Lower down the mountain are members of the residential range of the other tengu in the mountain community. The hierarchy of Tengu is based on elevation locations. The higher up the mountain you reside, the more important member you are among tengu society.

You can think of the Daitengu as a kind of sword weaponmaster and mountaintop monk wise (bird) man, that students among tengu and many others, including humans seek for enlightenment.

I've been inspired to create such a mountaintop shrine, monastic hold of some Daitengu using this Challenge Idea if it get's elected to a Monthly Challenge. Hopefully we'll get to see this.

GP
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 06-01-2011 at 04:43 AM.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

I have some ideas for this challenge too. Cant wait to make them real : )

Sounds good. Plus, I'm still fighting with mountains.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt