Thread: Research Station Los 15

Default Research Station Los 15

Okay, one more map in this style and I'll move onto something else. With my last map, Ceras-09, I made something busy and chaotic, i decided to go in the opposite direction with this one making something that's almost calming to look at. This is Los-15 a small research station in charge of escavating these alien ruins.

There are things about this map that did turn out well and things that didn't. The ruins and fauna for example turned out nicely, I'm going to be using the alien ruin style again in the next map. However a lot of little details didn't turn out so well mostly because they are made almost invisible by the water lighting effect. The ruined buildings are supposed to have stone floor which you can't see and the station is supposed to be on a hill which is still there but easy to look over. The red algae was also turned black so I had to add a new overlay post-water effect to make them stand out a problem I sidestepped with the yellow algae by simply making them glow.

On a side note, the most frustrating thing about this map was that I accidently made the canvas to big so near the end it took forever for things to load.

-D-
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Los-15.jpg 
Views:	325 
Size:	4.58 MB 
ID:	36040  
    People come and people go. I walk amongst them, I see their faces; but none see mine. I pass them in the streets but nary a glance is spared my way, for what interest would they have in a Wanderer? Not of this world... Forever Alone... Forever Wandering... LoneWandererD...

My DeviantART

Finished Maps

RIP Angel "Ingy" Yates - The first inspiration that guided me towards art. You will be missed...

I really like it!
    My finished maps

Mapping Worlds (My blog about mapping)

Imaginary maps (My facbook page devoted to mapping)

Guild Journeyer

Another great map for an underwater gamma world campaign I have in mind. Nicely done!

Edit: OI! OI! OI!

Ha, someone got the joke, bravo!

-D-
    People come and people go. I walk amongst them, I see their faces; but none see mine. I pass them in the streets but nary a glance is spared my way, for what interest would they have in a Wanderer? Not of this world... Forever Alone... Forever Wandering... LoneWandererD...

My DeviantART

Finished Maps

RIP Angel "Ingy" Yates - The first inspiration that guided me towards art. You will be missed...