Thread: Mydresia

Blog Entries

Default Mydresia

Here is the finished version of the continent of Mydresia, done as a commission for Malken for his novels... http://www.cartographersguild.com/sh...al-Looking-Map!

Well... technically it isn't finished as I still need to add a few more wetlands when I get the positioning info but as it is only a 5 minute job and will make little difference to the finished version as far as everyone else is concerned I thought I'd post it up now and sign off on it on here.

The client doesn't require labels, cartouche, scale bar etc. so I'm afraid you will have to use your imagination as to how it would look when fully tarted up that way. It's a shame as I reckon a map only comes to life when it is fully populated in that way.

Anyway, this is posted at 50% size.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mydresia - final.jpg 
Views:	1461 
Size:	3.99 MB 
ID:	36049

This is a commissioned image and is therefore posted as a strictly no unauthorised usage map.
    Royal: I'm very sorry for your loss, your mother was a terribly attractive woman.

My Cartographer's Guild maps: Finished Maps

More maps viewable at my DeviantArt page: Ramah-Palmer DeviantArt

Awesome, I love the sand dunes in the southeast corner especially. It's beautiful.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Ramah, I shall forever be in awe of your maps, the commisioner certainly got their money's worth here. Bravo!

-D-
    People come and people go. I walk amongst them, I see their faces; but none see mine. I pass them in the streets but nary a glance is spared my way, for what interest would they have in a Wanderer? Not of this world... Forever Alone... Forever Wandering... LoneWandererD...

My DeviantART

Finished Maps

RIP Angel "Ingy" Yates - The first inspiration that guided me towards art. You will be missed...

Indeed! Beautiful work.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Definitely the best money I ever spent! Like keithrgordon said in the WIP thread, it just draws you in, Thanks you so much Ramah! I couldn't ask for a more inspirational piece of art.

Guild Novice

This is my favorite map. I would really like have a like that in my fantasy universe... I'm so jealous !

A great map, I really like the style, hope to get some inspiration from this