Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: In Disbelief...

Community Leader Facebook Connected Badger's Avatar

Praise In Disbelief...

Literally... disbelief.

I can't believe I've never found this place before. Like some hidden treasure trove tucked behind a tree you pass every day. I'm Indiana Jones, and this is the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull... but seriously, you people really shouldn't keep this place from map fanatics like myself. I'm pretty sure it's unlawful, and most assuredly its inhumane. Ok, I'll stop before it ceases to be funny... but this really is like coming home.

I'm Del, 34 and I've been drawing maps since I can remember, even before I discovered RPG's at the tender age of 8. Ya'll can do the math on that one. I just recently got my CC3 upgraded and for the past few days have been installing and patching and downloading and working through the Annuals, well... actually.. i'm just on the first one, lol.

I'd bore all of you with more of my constant jabbering, but I don't want ya'll to run me off just yet. So I thought I'd just give a quick hello, warn you ahead of time so to speak. I'm sure my future reads "Questions that need answers"

This place rocks.

Del

Post Welcome, Del!

Welcome, Del.

You know that as soon as you're up and working in CC3, you'll have to start posting maps, don't you? Welcome to the site that's most "mapilicious".

Are you a user of CC2 or Pro? What other mapping applications have you played with... show us some of your older stuff. We like to see.

The Guild is starting to make notice of itself - it found you!

Welcome.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

delgondahntelius - My sentiments were the same when I found this place. It really is a fantastic place to visit.

BTW - How did you come across us?

I said I've been drawing them since I can remember... I never said I was any good at it, heh. I'm still fumbling through CC3, and I'm ashamed to say that I've had CC2, and pro.. and the little campaign mapper that came in Core Rules 2 for long enough that I should be able to make maps while I sleep... but that is far from the truth of it. But I do have several maps that have been finished... For every hundred maps I start, I'm lucky to finish ten...

I'll get some up, but I'm far from professional at it... I'll put some of the past maps up, then maybe work on cc3 makeovers for before and after... I'm really looking forward to making CC3 symbols... from what I've read so far in the help files... you have way more versatility in how you apply effects to them...

I look forward to learning alot here... how much I retain .. another matter entirely... heh

now I gotta figure out how to get some maps up... i'm guessing with links only, like many other boards... time to start figuring stuff out

dunno really ... clickety clickety clickety .... i'm suddenly here... lol... I open up several links at once... I believe that I got here from Grimur's site but when I get into search mode... if you have links in Profantasy's section or any one of their sections... you get the picture. But i'm 80% certain it was mapventure.

Should I have put something/someone down when I was registering? ... I kinda left it blank since I didn't know.. hope I didn't screw someone out of a referral or anything like that...

Welcome aboard. I'd love to see your maps!

p.s.

The Campaign Mapper from the Core Rules2 was my first true mapping software too
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Welcome, welcome, and weeeeeellcome!

Yours has to be one of the most enthusiastic introductions we've had here at the Guild (although I seem to remember The Cartographist's being about that same--and I hope you also keep up his fine tradition of enthusiastic membership postings as well!)

Posting maps here, unlike most other boards, is very convenient because you can post directly to our boards, not merely from links. Much more convenient for our members that way.

As Gameprinter said, we would love to see your maps--and don't you dare shy away because you're "not professional by any means"! We want to see them either to admire or to help (or, most likely, both!)

So glad you found us. Please let us help you and in return you help us, ok?
    Don
    My gallery is here
    __________________________________________________ _______
    "Keep your mind in hell, but despair not." --Saint Silouan [1866-1938]

Ya, but as anyone here already knows, there isn't much out there in the way of community, not in this fashion that is. Its a helpful community out there, don't get me wrong, but its not near like I've seen here. (in my whole 24 hours, lol) But I've been reading a number of back posts and I'm actually excited about putting some maps up so I can get that feedback thats going to help me improve my command of the programs as well as techniques... How can you not get excited?? I've always had reservations about putting my maps out there... that all went out the window the first couple hours I was here

I've noticed a lot of high quality pics of maps, is the PNG the best format to save to (export), anytime in the past if I did put a map up to a group, it was in jpg or gif to save on file space and up/dn load times.. etc... I usually use PaintShop Pro to handle gif/jpgs Thought I could just go ahead and put up some of my finsished maps and practice CC3 by 'upgrading' those maps as a WIP so I can get some help/hints... etc..

And thanks to everyone so far for the warm reception. I'm sorry that I didn't get here sooner..

PNG's compression ratios are comparable to jpeg, but it's lossless, so you don't have artifacts or color banding. I'm not 100% clear on how png compression works--I guess I should do some research on that.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

Post Late welcome

Welcome in our little sect , sorry I mean humble guild of mapper enthusiast, hope to see stuff from u and all the other recent new guys since the beginning of 2008 that I miss (most of u all actually).
    It's always fun to get new acolyte from all around the world, with their own background and mapping style.

Sea U A-Round,
    Alu.
    Let my fangs find your neck, during the night, so that I can drink your knowledge ...

So it could be use here : www.l-hazard.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast