Thread: Hello and Mapping Help

Post Hello and Mapping Help

Hi there,

I'm new to the forum.

I've been working on an old school blue megadungeon map using Dungeon Crafter from Dragonsfoot.

I've finished the map, but I just didn't get the quality from it that I really wanted.

I was reading a blog recently, and someone suggested joining the forum and seeing if there were any mapping enthusiasts out there interested in tackling a single level sprawling megadungeon of 375+ rooms in a form better than Dungeon Crafter can provide.

So here I am. Any suggestions on how to proceed?

Thank you!

Howdy, kilted, and welcome to the forum.

In regards to what you're looking for, the first thing I would suggest is to look through the Dungeon Mapping sub-forum and see if there is something in there that shows the kind of style and detail you are hoping to achieve. From there, it's a matter of determining if your collection of software (gimp, paintshop, inkscape, etc) is capable of producing those results or if you'll have to look for other means. Another good section to look through is the Tutorials sub-forum. There are dozens of tutorials there that span across several applications. Lastly, Redrobes put together a keyword index that might help you narrow your search ( http://www.cartographersguild.com/ut...word_Index.htm ). If all else fails, you can try the Mapping Request sub-forum.

GW
    GW

One's worth is not measured by stature, alone. By heart and honor is One's true value weighed.

Current Non-challenge WIP : Beyond Sosnasib
    Current Lite Challenge WIP : None
    Current Main Challenge WIP : None
    Completed Maps : Various Challenges

Ok, great. Thank you for the detailed reply!

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Good luck and Welcome to the Guild.
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Welcome Aboard!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

welcome to the guild - and don't worry, with our help you'll have that dungeon mapped in no time
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise