Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Guthult: God's Forest

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Maybe the trees are just too big. Maybe smaller trees will help instead of lowering opacity. You might have to thicken up the lines with a stroke (very small and maybe low opacity) just to give it a bump. I dunno.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

They do look better now, agreed. I still think that they do not look really like trees...but it is still obvious what they symbolize so i guess that is all that matters (and it's just my opinion anyway ).
    As for the mountains...i see, all handdrawn...wow. Very nice work...and i guess a lot of work If you're willing, i'd really like to have those mountains in a brush-version.

Looking forward to seeing this map develop further.
    Oh and btw, is there more of this world mapped out (even if it's only in your head)? Or was this just a "ok, let's do a random map, for fun" ?
    I'm trapped in Darkness,
    Still I reach out for the Stars

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Well, when I've got a spare hour or two, I'll see about making some brushes out of 'em. Probably won't get to it for a while though.

I shall experiment further with the forests.

It's just a random map, but it's begun percolating some story ideas in my little noggin...

Hey Diamond,

Wanted to bump this thread for two reasons:

1) Any chance you are still working on that map? I really dig it and would like to see it finished. On top of that, if your ideas have percolated, is there any chance you will build on that map and maybe map more of the world?

2) Any chance you'll have the time to do the brushes for the mountains?

Thanks in advance and I hope to see more of this world and your ideas on it.

P.S.: As to not necro another thread (if there even is one) - Any chance you'll expand on the Farasia map? I bugged you with some questions on dA already, so why not continue over here
    I'm trapped in Darkness,

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

1) This map is on a back burner; I got distracted by new shinies. I do want to finish it eventually. I don't know that I'll ever map more of this world, though.

2) I have a 4-day mini-vacation next weekend, and a two week vacation at the end of September/beginning of October, so yeah, I think I can manage to find the time real soon.

3) Probably won't ever do anything more with Farasia in the foreseeable future.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    1) This map is on a back burner; I got distracted by new shinies. I do want to finish it eventually. I don't know that I'll ever map more of this world, though.
    New shinies? Well, i hope they find their way on here for our greedy eyes to see Cool that you plan to finish it...would have been a shame if this one had fallen to the road-side.

2) I have a 4-day mini-vacation next weekend, and a two week vacation at the end of September/beginning of October, so yeah, I think I can manage to find the time real soon.
    Awesome! I really dig those mountains.

3) Probably won't ever do anything more with Farasia in the foreseeable future.
    Too bad...i really like the map and would have liked to see more of the world (as with the Guthult map ) . Do you have a Farasia Thread on here? I'd like to know more about the world and what it is like, if you care to share (same goes for the Guthult world...if you have anything on it, that is. IIRC it was "only" a spontaneous play-thingy map ).
    I'm trapped in Darkness,

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123