Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Cartographia

Fun idea Tilt! I like the mountains, though the different directions of the shading lines looks a little strange to me (but that might just be me).

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

good idea with the compass.. .who made it? and could they please make a top view also?

I was planning to make most of you royalty and nobility - but if anybody rather wants a mountain range, forest, tower, volcano, ocean, lake, swamp, city, hamlet, ruin, crevice, meadow, ... named after you - just say so
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Pretty sure it was arcana's compass, you could blow up a copy of his avatar and make a compass from that.

-D-
    People come and people go. I walk amongst them, I see their faces; but none see mine. I pass them in the streets but nary a glance is spared my way, for what interest would they have in a Wanderer? Not of this world... Forever Alone... Forever Wandering... LoneWandererD...

My DeviantART

Finished Maps

RIP Angel "Ingy" Yates - The first inspiration that guided me towards art. You will be missed...

Blog Entries

thanks moutarde - I'll look into the directions... they are handdrawn so pretty much just "slapped" on there. The shadows are easy, as they run along the land (ie east) - but the shades of course depends on mountain height and shape... thanks for your input.
    I personally think they look really good when you don't zoom in... however when zoomed in, they are a little rough.
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::

Stupid full zoom The shading itself looks good, it was just at full zoom, seeing the mountains shaded with up/down strokes and their shadows with left/right strokes. If it looks good at the intended viewing size though, then don't worry about it ;D

Blog Entries

no you're right - cause the supposed viewing size is the full zoom size. I just experimented with "artsy" brush strokes instead of marking and filling an even color, to give it a little more dynamic feel

and note to Jax, - just got a 2 gig warning from photoshop
    regs tilt

What about bribes? I must be able to pay to get a bigger country in my name ;-)
    Great idea btw :-)
    My finished maps

Mapping Worlds (My blog about mapping)

Imaginary maps (My facbook page devoted to mapping)

Blog Entries

bribes always works ...thanks
    regs tilt

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Oh, this is a cool idea! I'm looking forward to seeing progress on this, not least of all because I want to see what kind of two-bit barony you give me...

It'll be interesting on how he pulls this off, there are some legends who aren't around anymore... kind of like a huge city gone to ruin... anyways it'll be fun to see!
    Projects
    WIP :: Carian Round... Who knows...

Back Burner :: World Map

Software: 99% Adobe Photoshop (CS4), Geo Control 2, Wilbur Every so often I use another program!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast