Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: City of Falkport

Map City of Falkport

This is a city that I was working on a while back. I have been having some problems with the 'save as' command in CD3, but this is the best output that I have had so far, so I thought that I would post it. The map is finished, but I am still trying to get a better output. Profantasy is aware of the problem and I am hoping that they will fix it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Falkport.jpg 
Views:	340 
Size:	708.0 KB 
ID:	36113  

I've had mixed results with the "Save As" command in CC3 too. My workaround was to download PDF Creator, print it to that application, and then save it as a jpg or png. A word of caution though...when you select PDF Creator from the list of printers, make sure you dial down the print resolution to 300 dpi or so (unless you have a $#!+ ton of RAM). When you go to save the output, you can change the resolution for the individual file types, although you'll probably want to stick with 300 dpi.

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

nice town landori
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Very nice town indeed.
    My finished maps

Mapping Worlds (My blog about mapping)

Imaginary maps (My facbook page devoted to mapping)

I like your towns landorl! The (CC3) street bitmap is too dominating and doesn't fit well IMO, make your own in PS

I like it, and the layout is really nice. Particularly like the fauburgs and farms on either side. As for the street, I think the problem is it's supposed to be a cobblestone texture but it makes the cobblestones look enormous so it doesn't look right.

I agree with Larb. The overall composition of the map is really nice. The streets are the only thing that seem a bit disproportionate. However they don't really bother me too much as the overly large cobblestones feel somewhat stylized. Great job on this.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

I was thinking about dropping the cobblestone. I tried to scale it down, but it has no detail if I go down too much more.

Woah, that's a good map!
    I have to say a thing: the font is ginned. My advice: add all the words in external editor. Just a personal hint, I don't want to teach you how to mapping
    Perhaps the output of City Designer makes the font worse.

Aside of this, good map!

Perhaps it might work better if there was a way to reduce the opacity of the cobblestone pattern perhaps? Can you do that in City Designer? So you retain the texture but it's not so overpowering because it's far more subtle.

Also, Gan makes a good point. You can get nicer looking labels if you do it outside of CD and in Gimp/PS but it's an extra layer of work and preference really.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast