Thread: Large poster map of my D&D game world

Default Large poster map of my D&D game world

Hi Artists, I am looking for a replacement map for my twenty odd years D&D campaign, I recently destroyed a large section of my World, and thought it would be the best time to shift time forward and make a new map. I currently run a weekly D&D game for our local game group, about 20 people and i thought a brand new poster map of the world would look good hanging up in the clubhouse.

I am not in a rush for this work

I am happy to pay $500 via paypal

What I am looking for:

A professional looking computer-drawn, print quality, map. Estimated print size will be Poster Sized A0 and the estimated area depicted will likely be about 3000 miles from side to side.

The general style I'm Looking for is:

Ramahs maps are really great

http://www.cartographersguild.com/al...chmentid=30173 Aronbar map

I love tears Westeros map

http://www.cartographersguild.com/fe...esterosMap.jpg

I'm a big fanboy of JR (Torstan)

http://www.cartographersguild.com/at...3&d=1275844550

The map will require no labels, no borders, only the geography

The artist can at his discretion make the map as he likes. the only caveat, in the centre of the main land mass is a large area completely devoid of life and is a wasteland destroyed by gods, with kingdoms clinging to the coasts for survival.

The artist can retain any copyright they like, as this will never be published, and is intended for personal use

Please contact me at steven_c at westnet.com.au

Thanks
    Last edited by maxboy; 08-04-2011 at 09:21 AM. Reason: changed Pic

Nice shape maxboy.... you posted three radically different styles, so I doubt you will have any problem finding anyone to grab this commission up. I am sure you and the artist will get to this, put personally I am interested in the wastelands... would you consider drawing a quick "outline" of the area(s)?
    My Finished Maps
    Works in Progress(or abandoned tests)
    My Tutorials:
    Explanation of Layer Masks in GIMP
    How to create ISO Mountains in GIMP/PS using the Smudge tool
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Basically the players Kingdom, is self contained, the last traveller from across the wastes was about 70 years ago, so nobody in the southern lands knows what is happening to the rest of the world, so my campaign will be the players discovering and exploring all these unknown lands

what happened is about 500 years ago, 5 sorcerer kings, made 5 artifacts, and proclaimed themselves gods of this world. Well the "Real" gods, and their followers converged on the Sorcerer kings land (think of it as the last alliance of all the good races), during which the land was laid waste and the and the greatest heroes died in the final battle.

so 500 years later, a lot of the kingdoms and races haven't recovered from the loss of so many people, meaning the goblinoid races run rampant over most of the world, and traveling roads is a dangerous venture.

also the Wasteland may or may not be expanding.

Blog Entries

I'd be interested in this project, you can see examples of my work in my gallery: http://www.cartographersguild.com/album.php?&u=9958

Blog Entries

I sent you a PM, Maxboy.
    Royal: I'm very sorry for your loss, your mother was a terribly attractive woman.

My Cartographer's Guild maps: Finished Maps

More maps viewable at my DeviantArt page: Ramah-Palmer DeviantArt

Thanks to everyone who emailed me, the commission is taken