Thread: This is the perfect place for me!

Post This is the perfect place for me!

I love maps!

I'm excited to be here! I'm an amateur, but I'm a fast learner, a geographer, and a decent artist. I'll probably use GIMP to make maps once I get used to it. Right now, I only have experience with Photoshop, ArcGIS, and MSPaint. (I don't have access to Photoshop nowadays.) I want to learn how to make good-looking fantasy maps for some D&D campaigns that I'm going to DM. I'll post some maps soon. Links to tutorial threads are welcome, but I'll probably read the entire site soon anyway

(In case you're wondering, my avatar is Strongbad as "il Cartographer")

Anyone who entitles their first post "this is the perfect place for me" has a warm spot in the Guild's collective heart! (And anyone who makes reference to Strongbad only seals the deal!)

Welcome! I can't wait to see your maps, so post them soon. Also, make sure to help your fellow members out as much as possible with advice and encouragement, so we can learn from you too!

Once again., we're glad you're here!
    Don
    My gallery is here
    __________________________________________________ _______
    "Keep your mind in hell, but despair not." --Saint Silouan [1866-1938]

Welcome Home Avulsion, welcome home
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Avulsion - Welcome to the Guild. This is definitely an amazing place.

You'll find tons of wisdom and mapping savvy here! I haven't had time lately to hang out much (it's addictive!) due to school, but in a couple months school will be out & it'll back to map making. I've got Fractal Mapper and like it very much, but eventually I'd like to try CC3.