Thread: Taur Cordof WIP

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Professional Artist Facebook Connected Coyotemax's Avatar

Wip Taur Cordof WIP

Ok that's it. I've had enough! I gotta do it, the bug has bit me again!!

I may not end up being as prolific as i used to be since my fulltime job is in full swing, we're researching and saving up for Restaurant startup, and I'm applying for a new position at work - same job but work-from-home which would save scads of travel time and means I can lay on my back while I work from a laptop...(back is still painful but now bearable to sit up and walk thanks to creative application of meds) (and that probably explains my rambling and overuse of parentheses lol)

Anyhow enough pre-amble. I really liked the idea behind this map when I started it for the Big Apple gallery show. I just HAVE to complete it. Might take some time, since I'll only be working a few hours per day (as opposed to the 8 or 12 I used to be able to put in). Plus I'm a bit out of practice but this should be a great exercise to get me back in to hand drawing since I plan on 100% hand drawing, no brushes. Anyhow, the tablet is dusty, and I've really been feeling guilty about that - I positively love the thing and now it's sitting at the back of the desk all neglected..

So here's where I left off...
    things to do include:
    Translating labels to Elvish (elven?)
    Redrawing forests and mountains by hand
    add roads
    add scale and flourishes
    dunno if the style needs a border, maybe a simple one.

I'm thinking I should do the translations first, so I can draw the map features around the words.. If I ever do one of these by hand on actual paper, I suspect I'll need to do it in that order.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8 copy.jpg 
Views:	159 
Size:	1.63 MB 
ID:	36195  

My finished maps
    "...sometimes the most efficient way to make something look drawn by hand is to simply draw it by hand..."