Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Perfectly circlular walls/roads in CD3? Establishing scale in CD3?

Question Perfectly circlular walls/roads in CD3? Establishing scale in CD3?

I was wondering if anyone has some tips on how I can make a perfectly circular wall or road in CD3. So far I have tried making walls 'smooth' and tracing around a circle, but that doesn't seem accurate enough. I have also tried using the 'circle' button, but I don't know how to make it produce a circle wall.

Another more general question I had was about scale. How can I establish scale in my maps when working with CD3? The closest thing I can do is to lay down a 5' road and sort of base my map off that. When really what I want is much more accurate measurements.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Try using the circle tool to make two concentric circles, then the Multpoly tool to make it a single entity, and finally change the fill of the now filled object to the same as the rest of the walls. Same for roads.

As to establishing scale, how do you mean?
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Thats one of my problems though is getting two circles to perfectly center on each other. I can't get them to line up. Ive figured out the multi-poly tool though.

I guess what I mean when it comes to establishing scale is how can I build some tools that help me tell how large things are? I would love to have some sort of ruler I can use to give some approximate distances.

Oh, ok, for the first, there are a few simple tools.

To draw consecutive circles do this:

1. Select DRAW CIRCLE tool, and draw your first circle.
    2. Then LEFT CLICK to start a new cirlce.
    3. RIGHT CLICK again and your new circle will automatically be centered on the first circle.

Already drew a circle and want to centre a new circle later on that one. Select DRAW CIRCLE, before clicking anywhere on the map, use the CENTER command (looks like a blue circle with a red circle center), and then select the circle you want the new circle centered on.

As to determining scale, at the top, select the INFO drop down menu, and the bottom five selection are: Coordinate, Bearing, Distance, Length Along and Area.

MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Ok thanks, I think I get it mostly. The one last thing I would like to ask though is about changing the fill. What is the best way to change an objects fill?

Use the CHANGE PROPERTIES button, select what you want to change and then use the selection features to select what you wish to change.

It works after I tried it a couple of times. There might be some duplicate layers. Thanks for all your help. Now I can start turning out some interesting walls and roads along with some interesting geometry.

You're welcome.I am so glad to always help out the newer CC3 users.

Maybe you can help me with something else. Here is a map I produced earlier today. When I try to save the file as a PNG it comes out pixelated as can be, like its literally snapping a picture of what I can see instead of actually rendering the image. Is there anyway to make it render correctly?

Yes, go to TOOLS -> OPTIONS

From there select the BMP, JPEG, PNG option and set it to something larger (mine is set for 2400 x 1800) This is how many Pixels the image is to be when saved as a PNG, JPEG or BMP file.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast