Thread: Drift region

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Map Drift region

This is an unfinished map that I want to eventually use in a D&D campaign. I'm using Paint right now, but I might transfer this over to GIMP if y'all think that would be a good idea. Or maybe it would be better to finish it in Paint and call it good.

Anyway, this is similar to my Olbia Region map (and I'm sorry if I should have put both in one thread... I don't know whether I'm hogging the Regional/World Mapping forum or not).

Some ideas I have for upgrading this map is first to use GIMP to blur it. Maybe then it wouldn't look so digital and MSPaintish? Also, is it better to use the bold arial font or the normal arial font for place names? I didn't want to use any fancy fonts because they might be harder to read. Should I separate geographical and political and make a map for each? Or is it cooler/simpler/easier to keep them together? Thanks for the advice!

Edit: If you saw my Olbia Region map, and if you see a difference in technique or quality with this map, please inform me.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Map04.PNG 
Views:	124 
Size:	114.9 KB 
ID:	2346