Thread: New CC3 Annual Styles

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Default New CC3 Annual Styles

I created a dungeon and overland style for Profantasy for two of this year's Annual styles. The sets are designed for use with Campaign Cartographer, but can be unpacked into the individual pngs for use in a vtt as well. The caveat is that they are part of the Annual Style, so you need to pay for a year's subscription to the Annual to get you hands on them. However that mean you'll get 12 sets of images rather than just these two tilesets.

The dungeon style is sized at 500px per square (yes, really!). It contains 63 objects and 10 textures. The objects contain some standards - chairs, tables, fallen rocks, beds, doors, windows barrels and such. There's also a collection of more unusual items - a stove, a well, a demonic idol, a corpse, a skeleton, a pile of treasure ... and a 1400px wide dragon skeleton. I find few things make a player stop and wonder more than a dragon skeleton they have to zoom out to see.

The tiling textures cover flagstones, cobbles, stone, dirt, grass, a tightly packed stone wall texture, wooden floor, wooden walls, water and lava.

and here's a quick map I knocked together with the items (feel free to use it for any non-commercial use):
    Click here to open the free map

There's more details about the dungeon style on my blog here.

The overland style is a different beast. This contains a collection of mountain icons as well as icons for towns, villages, hamlets and fortresses. It's based on the style I developed for the map of Rhune: Dawn of Twilight. The set contains 39 objects and 11 tiling textures - enough to put together a core overland map with terrain from swamp to desert.

The full annual subscription for the year is $40. You get these two sets, as well as 10 sets from other artists (I might have another this year, I don't know). I'm not on commission - these were work for hire contracts - so I don't get a percentage of sales. I just wanted to post a note if people were interested.

You can find out more on the Profantasy site:
    2011 Annual Page
    March overland style
    June dungeon style
    Example maps from Profantasy with the dungeon style

I must say that both your styles are fantastic. I played around with your dungeon style a bit yesterday and it is really great. I'm thinking of trying to remake an old map of a dwarven entrance with it. So please give us more
    My finished maps

Mapping Worlds (My blog about mapping)

Imaginary maps (My facbook page devoted to mapping)

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Well that depends on what Profantasy commissions. I'm certainly doing more work for them, but we'll have to see what it is. But if you have somethig specific you're after then an email to them with a request never hurts

Yippee...cause I subscribe to the Annual every year, whether I have a use for some of the styles or not
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

really nice, if I can ever get caught up on my work I need to kick up the dungeon item and dungeon making again. Your work always makes me want to get back to doing more of it.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Cool stuff as always Torstan!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Thanks for helping the less enabled to look good LOL. I love the styles and love the annuals.