Thread: Working on a Seedy Space Bar

Default Working on a Seedy Space Bar

Inspired by someone's pencil drawn space bar, I thought I try using my photo-realistic style with some grunge - this will be a tavern in the seedy area of some city. I wanted to use my hover car symbols to decorate the street outside, even including a convertible with upset driver pulled over by the local constabulary. I just started the interior structure, but haven't decided on the interior layout yet. I needed a weekend break from designing ship deck plans. Note the door and windows breaking the interior shadow of the place. (Work-in-progress).

GP

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	space-bar01.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	1.09 MB 
ID:	81605
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Here's the final version of Joe's Place - gridded and no grid. I included a holographic stripper machine called Holo-gogo. Enjoy.

GP

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	joes-place-grid.jpg 
Views:	204 
Size:	1.46 MB 
ID:	81612Click image for larger version. 

Name:	joes-place.jpg 
Views:	234 
Size:	1.37 MB 
ID:	81613
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

I love the holo go go dancer! Also we finally have a drop shadow used in the right way - to actually make something look like it's floating above the ground! The carpet tiles look a little anachronistic to my eye and floor looks a bit clean, but I guess you'll grunge that up. It be an idea to try it out as a night-time scene rather than daylight since most people go to bars at night (or have both options). You could have a lot more fun with artificial lighting to make it more atmospheric and SF, e.g. you could have the reflection of a neon sign in the window on, say, a pool of water on the ground outside.

I did try to place a glow of a neon sign on the floor where the window light hits it, but it didn't look right. I did consider doing a night scene by placing a dark blue layer over the exterior portion with casted lights from the headlights, police lights and street lamps - I may yet do that. Thanks for the suggestions, Ravs.
    DrivethruRPG store