Thread: StarCraft Maps?

Question StarCraft Maps?

Hey guys... I was wondering if you heard about StarCraft before? I was just wondering if you guys like StarCraft maps if they were made in an artistic fashion? I made this thread to ask if it was okay to post StarCraft maps, not made from the game, but made from other programs like dundjinni or gimp, if possible? I thought the idea was awesome when I thought about it, but when I made this post I was concerned whether or not this is acceptable. Also, I thought this subject would fit in the Sci-fi/modern mapping forum because StarCraft is supposedly heavy on the Sci-Fi side of genres in mapping, I guess.

What do you guys think?

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Meshon's Avatar

I think that's a really cool idea. You could make them like large-area battlemaps, or in a version of isometric view if you wanted to be true to the look of the game. I haven't played it since… well, the end of the 90s probably, but it was a lot of fun, and had a great story. Mapping that would be a highly productive exercise I think. Go to it!

cheers,
    Meshon

Thanks! I haven't figured it out yet, but I'll get there.

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

hi Turion, all and any kinds of maps are welcome here in the guild, as long as you make them yourself of course ... and can always use a bit more sci-fi
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise