Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [D20 Cartographer} New Pack Packs - Cleric's Cathedral and Fighter's Barroom Brawl

Default [D20 Cartographer} New Pack Packs - Cleric's Cathedral and Fighter's Barroom Brawl

Since I don't yet seem to have access to the "News" thread (feel free to move it there, mods), I thought I would go ahead and post this here. I very, very recently opened my RPGNow store, selling map packs to the masses! I've finished and uploaded my very first two releases, and thought I'd let you guys know what I'm up (and take the opportunity to advertise. Mwaw haw haw)

Here are some images and copy I've worked up. for both releases:
    __________________________________________________ ____________

One Dollar Dungeon: Cleric's Cathedral

This first release is a map pack featuring a large (over poster sized!) furnished cathedral with an attached crypt.

Of course the pack includes printable PDF versions in color and high contrast black and white for the table top games, but it also includes full VTT support! The included .rpmap (Maptools) file comes with vision blocking and a robust object layer set up for you. If you use a different VTT, it is no problem, as the full map 100.dpi images and about 17 .png objects are included in the download. And all of this for only one dollar!

There will be a One Dollar Dungeon that is themed after each traditional RPG character class, so if you like my first release, keep your eyes peeled for the next, which is coming soon!

Setting a pretty good pace, I've already released my second map pack on RPGNow! Here we go:

One Dollar Dungeon: Fighter's Barroom Brawl

Fighter's Barroom Brawl is the second in a series of One Dollar Dungeon maps, which represent convenient starting locations or class-specific adventure locals for each traditional RPG character class. Fighter‘s Barroom Brawl is a rough-and-tumble tavern and inn so you can have access to your beds and your booze in one place! The taproom and inn features two floors and a cellar mapped out in typical 1 in. = 5 ft. map format.

Along with the standard presentation of multi-page printable PDF, I'm also including vigorous maptools support. This means that it includes a download of an .rpmap file with vision blocking and a very robust object layer. As I am learning about different maptools functionalities, I am including more neat options. I've already figured how to have doors swing on their hinges, and I include several portraits for objects and scenes, but this time I have made many of the objects interactable, with macros to do neat things like overturn the tables for cover, spill people's beers, and light and snuff out the candles!

This map pack comes with forty .png objects that would fit in any inn or tavern. I put a lot of effort into filling the place up. You can reap the benefits of my work for only a buck!

Thanks, as always, for reading.

And there you have it. Wish me luck! If anyone happens to pick one up, I'd absolutely welcome any C&C you have on the maps, the presentation, the maptools implementation, anything. I am just getting going, and I'd wager that I have oodles to learn before this starts going smoothly.
    Last edited by RecklessEnthusiasm; 06-13-2011 at 08:03 PM.

That looks like excellent work there my man! I hope you do well with these.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Thanks Jax! I only just put up my first map less than a week ago, and I'm pleased with the response thus far--already got my first five star review, in fact!

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Congratz!!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

looks really cool RE - congratz on that, hope they sell well
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Thanks guys! I hope they sell too. Like I said, my first project is doing seven poster-sized maps themed after each D&D base character class before I go on to do more full-featured, interesting maps.

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected anstett's Avatar

Very nice stuff! Off to the store.

BOB
    We do not stop playing because we grow old.
    We grow old because we stop playing.

www.dragonslayers-society.org

Looking VERY good RE, gratz on this! cheers, DJ

Someone on the RPTools website requested a larger image of the tavern, so I took a maptools screenshot for them. I thought I'd go ahead and post it here too!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fighter's Barroom Brawl.jpg 
Views:	664 
Size:	138.6 KB 
ID:	36294  

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

These are fantastic !! Great Job RE
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast