Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bernia

Default Bernia

So, I finally finished the map I've been working on. My internet is not good so i uploaded only to Deviant art. I wanna thank u all for the tutorials and help u post on the forum.

As u can see the mountains might look like Ramah's mountain as i got inspired by them, hope its not a problem. The fonts i got at - dafont.com .

The map will be used for a novel and a game (i guess). BTW the region is a desert, kind of a Prince of Persia.

The words are in Protuguese (BR) because I'm brazilian '-', and too lazy to translate, maybe another time.

So thats it hope u like.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bernia.jpg 
Views:	188 
Size:	4.17 MB 
ID:	36338
    Last edited by Beoner; 06-06-2011 at 12:17 PM. Reason: Add map...

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

I think it turned out quite nicely...
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

I like it's elegant simplicity.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Thank you,

BTW I want to ask u something:
    How do I do to make a border for may map? I mean the "black&white retangle border" u know like the one on VAnyia (RAmah's map). Hope u understand because I really didn't know how to explain.

Very nice and clean. I like the little bit of green used in the labeling too.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

YEah the green area is the begining of the Green Plains(as I usually call it).

So I just updated my map. Just added a border for it, its better in my opinion

Probably I did this border using the worst method ever, I put retangle by retangle (one black and other white) 'cause i didnt know how to do it using a easier way

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bernia2.jpeg 
Views:	158 
Size:	4.22 MB 
ID:	36455

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

If that's the worst method then I'm guilty of doing it the worst way as well. The thing I like about using the rectangles is that I can just copy them to make the scale bar.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Guild Apprentice

The border dresses it up nicely. Well done!

Just saw you're earlier quarry about making borders. Looks like you've managed to come up with a great looking border without my help though! None-the-less, I'll see if I can put together a little tut on how to do this a bit more simply. I'll let you know when it's finished.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast