Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Sands of Lothgar

Why thank you Ravs, coming from you that's quite a compliment. Course I have Wilbur to thank for the rivers, I didn't draw those by hand.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Shouldn't the corners be squares instead of misfitted rectangles? Or at least all be similar looking and not each one different? Just something to keep in mind, shrug.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Very true. I did not originally create this map with the border in mind. Hence, I didn't bother too much about configuring the height and width of the original canvas in such a way as to allow for the later insertion of a checkered grid. The original canvas size was 2764 x 2000 px. Later, when I decided I did want to add a border that contained a checkered-like set of neat lines, I realized my mistake: the canvas area was just the wrong size for what I wanted to do. I chose to go ahead with neat-lines anyway. I made a selection of the original canvas and converted it to a path. Then I expanded the canvas size, and stroked the new canvas with a checkered stroke, resulting in the odd corners you see in my map. This technique should still work fine for a map that is formatted differently than mine though (e.g. a map with a canvas size of 2600 or 2800 by 2000 could use a checkered stroke, setting the size of each box to 100px, and end up with square corners).

Well, it took longer than expected, but the Map Borders tutorial can now be found here.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12