Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: EL-Hazard reborn

Post EL-Hazard reborn

Hi again,
    It's been 1 1/2 month since I receive cc3 and FT and start working on this version of my world. I finaly finish the new version of my world map today.

Below you will find the original cc2 version and my first try with PS (that was at best, not really good).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	El-Hazard_cc2.JPG 
Views:	305 
Size:	2.65 MB 
ID:	2364   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	El-hazard PS.bmp 
Views:	650 
Size:	7.32 MB 
ID:	2365  
    Let my fangs find your neck, during the night, so that I can drink your knowledge ...

So it could be use here : www.l-hazard.com

Now here's the new verison in full.

Name:	new L-hazard.png 
Views:	197 
Size:	4.32 MB 
ID:	2366  
    Let my fangs find your neck, during the night, so that I can drink your knowledge ...

really....

ok, you win. if this doesn't make it into the featured maps thread, you will be robbed. excellent work, my freind, truly an excellent piece of work. words beyond that fail me.

Now part 1/4 of a zoom on the map itself.

Name:	LH=UR.png 
Views:	352 
Size:	4.56 MB 
ID:	2367  

Now here's the other 3 parts.
    By the way, I u see any spelling error or upgrade for the map just tell me, cause next week I will print it and laminate it.

Thanks, Alu.

Name:	LH=LL.png 
Views:	140 
Size:	4.06 MB 
ID:	2368   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LH=LR.png 
Views:	88 
Size:	4.37 MB 
ID:	2369   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LH=UL.png 
Views:	99 
Size:	4.66 MB 
ID:	2370  

Fan-tas-tic!
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Wow--the level of detail (and the sheer size!!) of your map is in and of itself an accomplishment. Wonderful--so much to read and enjoy here. I'm afraid to even ask how long this took. I am especially fond of your coastlines: very realistic, rich, and interesting.

Alucard, you have topped yourself. Well done!
    Don
    My gallery is here
    __________________________________________________ _______
    "Keep your mind in hell, but despair not." --Saint Silouan [1866-1938]

Thanks all.

Last week-end, my wife made me realize that the real size of the map is 400 cm by 250 cm and not 40 by 25 has I first thought. Also the final png version is 70 mo.

The longest part of this map making process was the search for the good pic: I've got more than 10,000 pic of D&D related stuff, so ...

Also I pass more than 25 hours on PS trying (and learning) to get the good effect for the river, the forest, and so on.

- The first part was the making of the relief FT (+PS for the touch up) : it took about 10 hours (2 for FT and 8 hours to get the good coloring of each country).
    - Then I started the recreation of each country in cc3. It was quite fast since I already got the original map in cc2 : it took about 2 hours to fit the old symbol and then replace them with the new ones.
    - Then I lost 1 week in brain storming and testing to figure the good way to put the map in the final version.
    - After I found my idea, it took about 2 hours for the making of the scroll plus the used effect on it.
    - Then came the finishing touch with all the pic around the map to help peoples figure out the style of each country (about 10-15 hours of search and 1 hour of styling).

So in all, about 1 1/2 month of time, but now I'm quite sure I can do it again in less than 1 week since all the testing is done and learned.

Hope u like it &
    Sea u hall A-Round,
    Alu.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Badger's Avatar

Ya, its beautiful. In my professional amateur opinion, that map is art. I would have thought it taken longer... but then I'm basing it off how long I think it would take me... but excellent work its something I can aspire too...

Del

Post Not Rokugan - I like it!

Nice seeing the Clans of Rokugan, not in Rokugan. I've been looking at an Oriental Adventures campaign. I've got L5R as well, but I've always hated Rokugan itself, geographically speaking.

Rokugan is an non-peninsular Korea, or Eastern China, whereas, IMO, it should be an island like Japan. Japanese culture is defined by its island nature and having a continental bound Rokugan seems very unJapanese like.

I'm working on a similar island of the Clans setting, but I wanted to have more content in my Ukiyo-E style to create the maps using those objects, we'll see.

But I'm very glad to see someone else working on the clans sans Rokugan!
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast