Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RPG Epic Encounter Maps by The Red Epic, Thread #2

Professional Artist Facebook Connected TheRedEpic's Avatar

Default RPG Epic Encounter Maps by The Red Epic, Thread #2

Hey All,

SO i have decided to put together a 8.5"x 11" book of map encounters that i will get published, and hopefully will sell well at the Next Gen con. There will be 24 full color encounter maps of different locations and settings, and i'm toying around with including a couple 1x1 inch gridded battlemaps as well, (double page spread to fit).

The whole idea being that a DM could buy this book (im toying around with 20-25$ resale), and have a whole range of different nicely rendered encounter maps at their fingertips to draw inspiration and/or incorporate into his/her adventure that they are running. I have heard that the encounter maps i have done for Paizo and Wizards in this same style are enjoyed very much, so i thought this would be a useful tool to those DMs that want good maps and/or story seeds to use.

I will be updating this as i finish them, so please leave ideas, comments, and suggestions, i would really appreciate it! Thanks!

PRINTS FOR SALE: Get them while they are hot guys, Epic Cartography maps are on my FB Group page with prices and descriptions!
    http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...50445191695492

SHOOT me an Email or PM for prints. They are all printed, cute, laminated, numbered and signed by me Maps go from 8$-15$ apiece + shipping. Let me know

#13 The Tomb
    The large stone blocking the entrance lay broken on the floor, revealing an old door. Ruins of an ancient kind are scrawled on its beaten timbers, and a pale light shines from underneath. Once open, marble hewn stairs lead to a chamber of Chieftains from ages past. What else may be found in this once hallowed ground?

#12 The Mine
    Deep within the mine, the noise of hammer and tong have been silenced. Only the ominous winds blows through the rocky tunnels, while a humid stench seep from below. Abandoned for years, who knows what may live within?

#11 Desecrated Temple
    Hewn from the side of a mountain, an ancient monastery lies in shadow. Once a peaceful temple the local villagers would come to pray and worship, lately it has become a dark place, with strange cries and dull moans emanating from its stout walls. When people start to go missing, the townspeople act. What lies within this ruined place?

#10 The Ring of Stone ****UPDATED***
    After a hard days march, the PC's stop to rest within an ancient circle of stones. Their original builders long since forgotten, they have ever been a haven for the stricken traveler as the stones structures create a naturally defensible position. As the night wears on, howls break out all around the stone ring, forcing the PC's to draw steel. Will the old gods accept yet another sacrifice, or will the PC's remind them once again why they are long forgotten?

#9 The Breach
    After a desperate seige and terrible fighting, the PC's have done everything they can to resist the enemy! Yet despite their efforts, the wall has come crashing down, forcing the defenders to make a desperate stand within the breach. Hold the enemy as long as you can, and though relief is marching with all haste, but they must have more time. Victorious, and men will sing of this day long thereafter. Fail, and the city and its inhabitants are doomed to a hell worse than death. To the last man!

#8 The Hidden Cave
    After fighting through an ambush, the PC's pursuit of the enemy has taken them to the edge of a cliff side. Amongst the underbrush, a cave entrance has been cleverly disguised. After cutting through the thicket, the mouth of the entrance looks hauntingly like a gaping maw eager to swallow the adventurers. What lies within?

Epic Cartography Maps #1-7 here!
    http://www.cartographersguild.com/sh...y-The-Red-Epic
    Last edited by TheRedEpic; 10-27-2011 at 02:36 PM.

Quite stunning Red. I hope that many people take advantage of your work, it's top notch stuff.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

More great stuff Red Epic!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Really nice work!
    My finished maps

Mapping Worlds (My blog about mapping)

Imaginary maps (My facbook page devoted to mapping)

Guild Journeyer

Excellent as always. Would make for an interesting couple of more "Cramped" encounters to really test the PCs tactical positioning and ability to fight in confined places.

I am still seriously pondering getting a print of the Cliffside Fortress though. I do hope you do very well with these!

Well I'd say anyone buying the encounter book would certainly be getting their money's worth in terms of art/map quality. =P

Professional Artist Facebook Connected TheRedEpic's Avatar

#9 The Siege and #10 The Stone Ring are up! Check them out!

These are very pretty nevermind them also serving as maps
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I totally dig those Moai/Olmec-type head stones.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Guild Journeyer

I think of the maps you've done the Breach and the Stone Ring are among the best general encounter maps I've seen. They are absolutely perfect for 4th Edition especially, having interesting terrain features combined with sufficient space to make movement powers of skirmisher type monsters (and PCs) interesting to use. Very well done on them both

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast