Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: May/June 2011 Lite Challenge Entry - Rayr 2 Orbital Analysis

Added a few fluff details, and fixed a few errors (my axis' were almost 90° off) and changed the Fuel Gel layout so it didn't look so overwhelming. Some things are intentionally left a little vague (like the highlighted moon) to try and convey the sense that the people who are actually piloting this vessel are trained pilots who are very familiar with the systems, and don't need their hands held.

### LATEST WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	planetary_survey_WIP_3.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	942.5 KB 
ID:	36406

I should probably call this one finished, otherwise I will continue trying to add stuff, and risk making it look too messy/busy. I've tried to include as much information as possible without overwhelming the image and without explicitly presenting the information. Everything has a purpose and serves to tell a little bit about the planet in some way. The edges of the HUD represent various location/positional information, the magnetic field lines indicate that the planet has an active core and that delicate equipment/personal will be protected from the solar wind, the arrows on the equator indicate rotational direction etc.

### Winner ###

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	planetary_survey_final.jpg 
Views:	353 
Size:	2.69 MB 
ID:	36456
    Last edited by ChickPea; 08-30-2018 at 06:58 PM. Reason: Added Winner tag

This is really awesome, it looks like it belongs in a video game too!
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12