Thread: [WITHDRAWN] June 2011 Challenge Entry - The Three Day Revolution

Default [WITHDRAWN] June 2011 Challenge Entry - The Three Day Revolution

Okay, after much deliberation I've settled on an idea. The Three Day Revolution was so named because the small state of the Keinas was only able to achieve independence from the Sphere Federation for a grand total of three days. On Day 1 an armed force of the "Keinas Reclaimation Front (KRF)", consisting of rebels and traitorous elements of the Keinas State Military, siezed control of the capital of New Gesailles and dispatched troops to sieze the main industry and infrastructures of Keinas. The "Sphere Federation Armed Forces (SFAF)" were already aware of the KRF's plans and these rebel forces were destroyed before reaching their targets. Day 2 the SFAF encircled the capital and R3 Infiltrater teams marked the locations of key KRF positions. Day 3 the 42nd Airborne Company and squads of the 4th RSA-Knights Company and the R3 Infilitrators stormed the city, quickly overunning the enemy and forcing a desperate last stand at Replendence Plaza and the Sphere Governmental Building.

My map is going to be of the that last stand at the plaza, no pics as of yet because I'm still planning but should have some soon. Don't know whether I'm going to do a top-down or bird's eye view but I'm leaning towards the latter.

-D-
    People come and people go. I walk amongst them, I see their faces; but none see mine. I pass them in the streets but nary a glance is spared my way, for what interest would they have in a Wanderer? Not of this world... Forever Alone... Forever Wandering... LoneWandererD...

My DeviantART

Finished Maps

RIP Angel "Ingy" Yates - The first inspiration that guided me towards art. You will be missed...

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Another excellent idea.
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Okay, finally now I have some time I've made some progress on this map.

Above is the rough layout of what the plaza will look like, now I'm going to add buildings and details, I'm also going to be adding a second smaller map in the top left corner showing a second battle between elements of the RSA-Knights/R3 Infiltrators and the KRF in the tunnels beneath the Sphere Governmental Building.

-D-
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3DayRev copy.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	1.77 MB 
ID:	36516  
    People come and people go. I walk amongst them, I see their faces; but none see mine. I pass them in the streets but nary a glance is spared my way, for what interest would they have in a Wanderer? Not of this world... Forever Alone... Forever Wandering... LoneWandererD...

My DeviantART

Finished Maps

RIP Angel "Ingy" Yates - The first inspiration that guided me towards art. You will be missed...

Okay, I'm withdrawing again. Someone quit at work and I've picked up all of their shifts, while this is great for me as a casual employee it does mean I haven't had time to work on this map. Also I couldn't really make anything good that depicted a battle and still felt like a map and not just be a picture.

-D-

My DeviantART

Finished Maps

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Well that stinks... I've marked it as "Withdrawn", if anything changes let one of us know and we can change the title again.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Thanks SteelGeneral, that actually was a question I had, if you withdraw can you re-enter with a different map or the old withdrawn one?

-D-

My DeviantART

Finished Maps

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

You can re-enter with a different map (or restart with your original entry), I did so in a challenge many moons ago.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.