Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: February Entry: WestHeaven

Post February Entry: WestHeaven

Hi folks,
    Sorry for the late entrance, but since I just finish my map and after reading through all the other entry, I've got an Idea, so here it is for now:

My story takes place in a simple inn in the east side of the Ildure province, in the country of Vinnengael. This inn was call Odin's Pride before the new direction (Nilebog) move in. Odin's pride was a big inn made of many building and it was run by a glorious band of retired adventurer of the same name.

One day Nilebog who was hunting in the plains of Maredo with is goblin squat came face-to-face with a young group of adventurers call the Naheulbek's band. In the following bloody fight, all is 8 goblins friends were killed and Nilebog left for dead. Later when he came back to himself, half dead and diseased, he tried to walk back to is village in the King's Forest, but mixed-up is direction and end up to the door step of the Odin's pride inn instead.
    His first impulse was to burn this inn full of evil TallFolks, but while gathering wood near the inn, he saw the Naheulbek's band leave the inn and decide to take vengeance on them: he decided that they must suffer a thousand pain for the dead of is squad. So, after killing the cook (the former thief of Odin's pride group known as nine-fingers) who was working alone in the food silo, he took his place by using a magical ring of disguise and poisons the Naheulbek's band the next night at dinner.
    He then decides to stay at the inn until he fully recovers from his wound, before going back to his tribe.
    A few mornings later, Nilebog still in the role of the cook wake up with a dream: this inn would make an excellent outpost for is tribe.
    And so during the next month all the 4 other members of Odin's pride band and the inn staff where given their leave...
    The Inn was then rename WestHeaven for the only reason that for all is quality, Nilebog didn't possess any navigation skill and still think today that his Inn is at the west of is tribe land.

That's it for now.
    Take care,
    Alu.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	westheaven.png 
Views:	86 
Size:	869.4 KB 
ID:	2394   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WH L-H scroll.png 
Views:	86 
Size:	1,014.0 KB 
ID:	2395   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WH map.png 
Views:	112 
Size:	1.53 MB 
ID:	2396   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Welcome.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	57.6 KB 
ID:	2397  
    Last edited by alucard339; 02-18-2008 at 08:22 PM. Reason: to make the story more logical and easy to follow (I think).
    Let my fangs find your neck, during the night, so that I can drink your knowledge ...

So it could be use here : www.l-hazard.com

Praise Nice background art!

Nice background art - the 3D scene, the open books and use of your "finished map!" Look forward to seeing the Inn in its repurposed form...
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

I really hope I'll have enough time to do it all.

I'm sure I just miss it, but what is the deadline for this challenge.

thanks,
    from Alu & Nilebog...
    Let my fangs find your neck, during the night, so that I can drink your knowledge ...

Info Voting day is...

Quote Originally Posted by alucard339 View Post
    ...but what is the deadline for this challenge...
    I think its the 24th of February.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Thanks GP,

And here's another small part of the story.
    I'm only ashame that the cemetery map is taken from the Wizard map of the week, but I don't think I'll have the time to do them all.

Also, I'm not sure about "the old times" expression being correct by itself or in the spelling!

C U,
    Alu.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Inn old time.png 
Views:	77 
Size:	1.51 MB 
ID:	2407   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	odins pride.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	816.0 KB 
ID:	2408   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Undercrypt_3_150dpi_1cw9a.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	399.4 KB 
ID:	2409  

Post Nice work!

I'm not sure what you mean by "Wizards map of the Week"? This is your map, right? If so, I really love the Undercrypt - I like the style.

Also your overhead map of the entire site has a nice, almost 3D feel, yet still painterly and artistic.

Anyways you should have plenty of time to focus on the Inn itself, at least and abide by the challenge goals. Good luck - nice goin' so far!
    DrivethruRPG store

Nah,
    Sorry GP, but the undercrypt his a pic I found on the net while looking for some ideas of mapping style. I wanted to do the whole project in this style, but unless I got the time for all the other buildings around the inn, I'll have to take some of them from somewhere to be able to finish the story in time.

Unless It's illegal to do that.

In that case I will try to redo them all, but for now, I've got the graveyard, the keeper's tower and the barn found on the net.

The rest is all made up from me.
    C U,
    Alu.

Hmm...If I'm understanding you right, Alu, you are using others' maps and the story will be your own, is that correct?

If this is correct, then I believe you are not doing so illegally, for you you are giving credit for your source rather than trying to pass it off as your own, but I do believe this is outside the requirements for the challenge: our mission is to create a new map, not a new story to fit a map you found.

I say dump the maps you found and spend the lion's share of your time making one of your own maps, and let the story be the last day add on.
    Don
    My gallery is here
    __________________________________________________ _______
    "Keep your mind in hell, but despair not." --Saint Silouan [1866-1938]

I'm gonna second Pyrandon on this one.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast