Thread: Map needed for my novel ... time sensitive!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Map needed for my novel ... time sensitive!

Hello,

My name is Derek Donais and I'm in need of a map for the revised edition of my novel, MetalMagic: Talisman. My initial map artist didn't work out, and now I'm in a bit of a time crunch. This will be a grayscale map, and the inset version would need to be 7.5 to 8 inches wide by 4.5 to 5 inches deep; but if it were drawn larger, then we could zoom in on pieces of it for certain chapter groups, depending on which region the action is taking place in at the moment. In that case, a vector file would be very useful, that way we can increase the zoom without sacrificing resolution.

As for pay rate, I'm not too familiar with commissioning art, but if there's a going rate that you normally receive, we can look at that. Also, we'd need to determine copyright and other use sharing, but I'd be okay with you using it to advertise your portfolio in any case.

Please note: this commission has been filled. Thanks for your interest.

I've attached an image of the grayscale map from the first edition and a colour version to show the topography I was going for with the grayscale image.

Again, this is a fairly urgent request, so if you are interested, please get back to me via email ASAP! If you would like to get a feel for the book itself before considering my request, you can visit my website at:

http://www.derekdonais.com

Thanks for taking the time to view my request.

Yours in Truth,

Derek Donais
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EvarlundRevisedMapBW1.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	711.3 KB 
ID:	36453   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EvarlundAuto1editing.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	173.6 KB 
ID:	36454  
    Last edited by dragonwind2000; 06-12-2011 at 06:06 PM. Reason: This commission has been taken.