Thread: In search of generic, basic continents for use in a homebrew campaign.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default In search of generic, basic continents for use in a homebrew campaign.

I've been running a PFRPG game for a year now and we don't play in Golarion. As many times as I've tried to draw a decent continent in CC3, I'm constantly disappointed in my work. I have severe nerve damage in my wrists and with that, practice and tutorial following isn't helping with the details.

What I'm looking for is some basic and generic maps of countries/continents that I can use for a homebrewed game.

You might want to invest in FT Pro. You can create random worlds (within certain parameters you can specify) at the press of a button.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	deleter.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	416.5 KB 
ID:	36481  

Do I have to make world maps, or can it do Countries? Is it always random, or can I edit it after a random setting (i.e. Can I make it larger, smaller, less land, more land, etc.)?

You can zoom into areas to make countries and you can change the elevation shading at the click of a button. Attached is an example. You can edit a random map but it is not the easiest thing to do with FT pro (depends on how much you want to edit) - with the condition in your wrists that you mentioned, I think that you would find yourself back to the original problem you had using other tutorials. For your purposes, because you can create a new world by just clicking a button, you might want to just keep creating new worlds until you find one that will work for you.

In the example below I took a small selection from an FT map into a vector program and put in the cities, roads and labels.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Deleter.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	371.0 KB 
ID:	36520  

I'm just giving this a brush up in-case anyone knows of any generic map collections online, or even ones for sale through a site like RPGNow, etc.

Also, what I meant about FT Pro was "Can I stretch and add onto the existing randomized landmass (Example: I want to make the bottom of the random island larger and wider than it is)".

If I can do that... AWESOME.

If not, I'll have to just grit and bare it with CC3; taking a lil longer to get something I can work with.
    Last edited by ZDPhoenix; 06-14-2011 at 10:24 PM.