Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Allal, and my near-future plans

Guild Member

Are you going to mark whre the detail maps are on the world map eventually? I didn't manage to place them all correctly.

Professional Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Lwaxana View Post
    Are you going to mark whre the detail maps are on the world map eventually? I didn't manage to place them all correctly.
    I don't yet have a map showing all of the regional coverages, but the KML file in the original post should be a good start (if you have Google Earth), as it links all of the regional maps in, and you can find any of them in the included directory.
    -Rob

HR- Question for you.

Was Oahu the basis for the island in this map? I thought that when I first read this thread, and with GP mentioning Hawai'i, I jumps out at me even stronger.

Professional Artist

Quote Originally Posted by The Cartographist View Post
    Was Oahu the basis for the island in this map? I thought that when I first read this thread, and with GP mentioning Hawai'i, I jumps out at me even stronger.
    The Hawai'ian island chain was a strong influence for this region. Round-ish islands with volcanoes in the center, jungles on the windward sides and deserts on the leeward sides. These islands are a bit bigger than the Hawai'ian islands, but I think that pattern should carry over okay. Place names here are loosely based upon ancient Egyptian, however, which I think makes a nice contrast.
    -Rob

The atlas style maps are incredible. The first time seeing these maps is what made me decide I had to be a member of this community. I can't wait for the tutorials to be completed on how Rob did these.
    "Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government."

My Albums - My Portfolio

Just to keep this post updated for posterity's sake, Rob has his walk-thru/tutorial posted here: http://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?t=1577

Thanks, Rob!
    Don
    My gallery is here
    __________________________________________________ _______
    "Keep your mind in hell, but despair not." --Saint Silouan [1866-1938]

Guild Member

The KML is not much of a help, as the detail maps with litte or no coastline are even less placable for me there. I gues I'll have to wait )

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lwaxana View Post
    But they are all marked with lat/long indications on the grid. That would be enough to nail them down surely ?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12