Thread: Lezales' here

Guild Member Facebook Connected Lezales's Avatar

Default Lezales' here

Hey everyone !

Let me introduce myself. My name is Sam, I'm a 21 years old musician from Montreal, Canada. I'm a musician, drawer and writer and I really enjoy all of those activities. But what I like the most is actually writing complex stories. And I also very much enjoy creating medias for the worlds in which those stories unfold, including maps. Most of my stuff is fantasy as I've read a lot of that and it really comes naturally for me but I'm also a very big fan of Steampunk kind of worlds. I've always drew my maps myself but for multiple reasons I always felt that wasn't the best way to do it. So I started processing those maps digitally or just plainly creating my maps in software such as Photoshop but I never had much results...

I've been working on a universe I've imagined for the last 11 years and I have to say there's a lot of story imagined for that universe and when I say a lot, I mean a huge lot. Unfortunatly not all of those stories are on paper, there's only 24 hours in a day ! I've recently felt the need to spend more time working on that universe, which is called Alhenkell and is in the dark fantasy type (think of a dark Warcraft II). And I've felt the need to start the project for real with a real novel or something. I've also had a second story in head and wanted to get some concrete stuff to organise things in my mad and a map is always a good place to start ! So for any of the two projects, I've went on google for a way to do real map. Think maybe half and hour of search online and here I am on what seems to be a really awesome and mature community. Stuff I love.

So I'm planning to spend some times with you guys, learn the ways or the cartographer and maybe share some of my work with you and of course view yours !
    Thanks in advance !
    Last edited by Lezales; 06-15-2011 at 04:52 AM.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Welcome Aboard!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Welcome to the Guild.
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Guild Member Facebook Connected Lezales's Avatar

Thank you for the welcomes !