Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fa-Nija - WIP

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

That is such an awesome landmass shape(s). Just looking at it I can envision a hundred stories.
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Blog Entries

Thanks, JT.

Well, here is the finished landmass base image. I'm sure as I work on other parts of the map this will be edited slightly but for now it is done.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fa-Nija - Rough3.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	254.3 KB 
ID:	36586

I've altered some of the landmass shape, especially in the SW area. This is for two reasons: one, I wanted to get rid of the elephant shape as it looked a little too distracting and two, I wanted to alter the composition a little when the bottom part of the map is added, making that part a little more to the left than dead center.

Edit: Oh, obviously the full continent doesn't end at that straight line like that.
    Last edited by Ramah; 06-17-2011 at 04:01 PM.
    Royal: I'm very sorry for your loss, your mother was a terribly attractive woman.

My Cartographer's Guild maps: Finished Maps

More maps viewable at my DeviantArt page: Ramah-Palmer DeviantArt

Wow, very impressive. I'm curious about the bottom part and I hope we will see that soon. How do you do all those details?

I am a sucker for interesting shapes. This one is that indeed !! I have trouble sometimes though with being drawn to "Negative" space. I assume the black is the landmass But it Would also make a excellent in- land Sea ! Nice Job !
    "Aye The skies be clear , the seas be calm and the winds be with us .....

ARGH!! but the damn compass be broken!! "

Capt. Noah Swalter Last voyage of the " Silver Crest"

Blog Entries

Thanks guys.

Ok, quick update here. Not had much time to spend on here today so I quickly added a background, a base colour, some coastal strokes and a border. All the coast and colouring etc. will have to be redone as I add rivers and such but for now it gives me something a little more interesting to work on.

Oh, and I also added the southern section in for a bit of a "tada!" moment to anyone familiar with my work.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fa-Nija - 1.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	1.00 MB 
ID:	36598

Forum doesn't want to let the thumbnail work. Bah.
    Royal: I'm very sorry for your loss, your mother was a terribly attractive woman.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Works for me, looks pretty good. There might be too many rivers but I'm not sure what you're going to fill the space with so there might be too few I dunno.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

As always a nice work Ramah. Interesting you added the Vanyia shape on the southern of the continent.

This map will be awesome....

Wish I could do something like your maps '-'. BTW, how do you make this old style paper?

Blog Entries

Thanks Beoner.

Yeah, well since I did Vaniya digitally (on paper it was a little different and the top didn't disappear off the page) I kinda wondered what was north of there. So I figured it was time to find out. Of course, this makes a country like Northerond appear to have a totally mismatched name and I think I may have to play the old "drop the first letter off the name to get a new name" game there. Hehe.

As to that paper, it is once again one of Coyotemax's papers that he posted. Check out the Elements forum to snag them all. I had to paste 4 rotated and mirrored versions of it together for it to be big enough though. And then some judicious use of the healing brush to get rid of the seams and most tell-tale features on the copied parts.

Another auspicious beginning sir!

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Totally looking forward to this...because i also always wondered what is "north of there"
    I'm trapped in Darkness,
    Still I reach out for the Stars

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast