Thread: Can you alter land masses in CC3

Post Can you alter land masses in CC3

Hi I am a new user of Campaign Catagropher 3. And while I can make very nice fractal land masses i waned to put a bay on one that was basicly an impact cratter. So is there a way to Edit a land mass it generates?

P.S. I know I can't spell my way out of a papper bag.

Well, yes there is, but to give a more 'precise' answer, I need a little more information first. IS this a chunk of land that is already made with fill styles etc? Or is it a piece in work with only the coastline drawn?
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Quote Originally Posted by NeonKnight View Post
    Well, yes there is, but to give a more 'precise' answer, I need a little more information first. IS this a chunk of land that is already made with fill styles etc? Or is it a piece in work with only the coastline drawn?

Well since I have not learned how to make a land mass with anything but the "fill style method" it is that. If there is a tutorial about how to make a coast line and then go back and fill it in maybe that would answer my question... But then again, knowing how to edit the existing "fill" land mass woudl also be good for me to know.

Quote Originally Posted by billdakat View Post
    Well since I have not learned how to make a land mass with anything but the "fill style method" it is that. If there is a tutorial about how to make a coast line and then go back and fill it in maybe that would answer my question... But then again, knowing how to edit the existing "fill" land mass woudl also be good for me to know.
    OK, that makes it easy then. When you go to draw your landmass, you can do so by not using the LANDMASS tool, and instead us the FRACTAL path tool (on the right side of the draw window by default) on either the COASTLINE sheet or the LAND sheet. After drawing your shape (if you used PATH use the EDIT TOOL on the LEFT to CLOSE the path into a polygon, otherwise the next steep will look weird), you can then use the EDIT ENTITY tool to change the COLOR/FILL STYLE/LINE THICKNESS depending on which sheet you draw the original shape on.

Lets say you drew it on the LAND sheet. Change your FILL STYLE to something appropriate from the selection (even a SOLID GREEN is a good choice for learning), and ensure the LINE THICKNESS is 0 (zero). The use the COPY tool to copy the previous selection to the COASTLINE sheet. Then change it to a line thickness of say 2 (this is hard to do as this value is dependent on the scale/size of the drawing as a whole, Small scales 2 is very big, but on large scales tow is hardly noticeable), and give it a color like a MID BLUE.

This allows you to set up you land to the shape you want, and after it is done, then make it permanent.

By erasing the shape from one sheet, you can edit it on the other, and then copying the finished shape back to other sheet if you decide to change something later.
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Quote Originally Posted by NeonKnight View Post
    (if you used PATH use the EDIT TOOL on the LEFT to CLOSE the path into a polygon, otherwise the next steep will look weird)
    Um how do i do that? I drew a nice contenet with a crator bay. and i can seem to get the seprately made lines into 1.. combined does nothing