View Poll Results: What world do you like the most?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Map 1

0 0%
  • Map 2

0 0%
  • Map 3

2 13.33%
  • Map 4

12 80.00%
  • Map 5

2 13.33%
  • Map 6

0 0%
  • Map 7

1 6.67%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: World of Anicca

On the World Settings property sheet, select the Fractal Function page and click the Parms button. The underlying parameters for the fractal function are shown on the dialog that appears, including Lacunarity. The fractal functions in FT are broadly of the "frequency synthesis" or "scale and add" school of thought. For every defined octave, the program computes a noise value, scales it by 1/(Lacunarity raised to the H value), and adds it to the result. What that means is that lowering the lacunarity will increase the amount of work that the program has to do to get an equivalently rough surface (you'd need to increase the number of octaves).

I usually don't mess with the lacunarity (setting lacunarity to 1.0, for example, will do a whole lot of work with no visible effect). When I do want a slightly different appearance, I try not to get much below 1.9 or 1.8; raising it above two is also an option. I would recommend aiming for an irrational or transcendental number instead of an integer.

Another degree of freedom can be obtained by varying the H parameter for the fractal function, but it's really twitchy.
    Last edited by waldronate; 06-19-2011 at 05:18 PM.

For me the #4 is the best. I don't know why is that, i just like it more than the others. I think the land shape is pretty good for a map.

Good Luck with the map,

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12