Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bree-Yark means I surrender...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Post Bree-Yark means I surrender...

hey guys and gals

so i got inspired by others here and decided what the heck. so in my off hours the last few weeks i've been working on the map you see below. it's not done yet, but i think i'm happy with the direction its going. i'll probably be one with it in the next week or two. (if i can stop playing with textures, that is.)

anyway, for your enjoyment. some of you old school players might get a kick out of this. newbies will be scratching thier heads, saying, "Huh? what's all the fuss about?"

maybe i'll try my hand at the Tomb of Horrors next, just to see if i can do it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kotbmap1.jpg 
Views:	1011 
Size:	779.2 KB 
ID:	2410  

What about the.....Caverns of Quasqueton, the dungeons/caves from the module: B1: In Search of the Unknown, mentioned in Area 51 of the Caves of Chaos.
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Ahhh those were the days. it brings a warm glow to me heart it does. The only text from KOTB I can remember is the suggested name of an NPC as 'Sho-Rembo'. Next to it was a line drawing of a comely halfling with a pigtail. Why this fact has stayed with me for 25 years I really cannot tell.

Makes me want to go sit in my basement with some friends at 3:00 am with a bag of Funyuns and a 2-liter of Coke, screaming "Kill the kobold! Kill 'im!"
    Don
    My gallery is here
    __________________________________________________ _______
    "Keep your mind in hell, but despair not." --Saint Silouan [1866-1938]

The pathetic thing is, I know the title is a lie.

Bree-Yark = Hey Rube!

MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Quote Originally Posted by ravells View Post
    Ahhh those were the days. it brings a warm glow to me heart it does. The only text from KOTB I can remember is the suggested name of an NPC as 'Sho-Rembo'. Next to it was a line drawing of a comely halfling with a pigtail. Why this fact has stayed with me for 25 years I really cannot tell.
    "Sho-Rembo" (David Cohen, of Futurama notoriety, apparently had a PC with the moniker) was named in B1 rather than B2… and I don't recall an illustration.

She must have been an exceptionally comely… and devious!… halfling.

You really cant beat those old mods for some great H&S fun. Good referance material too. I keep copies of B1, X1, X5, U1, U3, B4, C2, B8, B9, collected temple series, collected Slavers series and the collected Demonweb series all right next to my computer just for Ideas/Insperation. Use to have more but they are either in boxes i havent found yet or lost in the sands of time.

(Now, without digging around online who can put names with those Module codes?)

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcrowe View Post
    You really cant beat those old mods for some great H&S fun. Good referance material too. I keep copies of B1, X1, X5, U1, U3, B4, C2, B8, B9, collected temple series, collected Slavers series and the collected Demonweb series all right next to my computer just for Ideas/Insperation. Use to have more but they are either in boxes i havent found yet or lost in the sands of time.

(Now, without digging around online who can put names with those Module codes?)
    B1: In Search of the Unknown
    X1: Isle of Dread
    X5: Castle Amber GOT THIS WRONG!)

C2: Ghost Tower of Inverness
    U1: Sinister Secret of Saltmarsh
    U2: Danger at Dunwater (you didn't list but I do for completions sake)
    U3: Final Enemy
    A-1: Slave Pits of the Undercity
    Temple Series; if it is T1: Village of Homlette, and later the FULL T1-4, Which had T2 as Village of Nulb, and T3-4 Temple of Elemental Evil
    D1: Descent into the Depths of the Earth
    D2: Hidden Shrin of the Kuo-Toa
    D3: Vault of the Drow

And thos off the Top of my Head
    Last edited by NeonKnight; 01-27-2010 at 09:01 AM.

Very nice Neon!

X5: Temple of Death (Loved Castle Amber but saddly all I have left of my copy is the front cover.)
    B4: The Lost City
    B9: Castle Caldwell and Beyond
    B8: Journey to The Rock
    And yes its the collected versions of Temple/Slavers/Demonweb. (Really want to run these all in order someday.)
    U2 is M.I.A. from my collection.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast