Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bree-Yark means I surrender...

yay!! old skoolers UNITE!

yeah, i've had a laugh too.

caves of B1, might do that one eventually. B2 is the first module i ever owned though. i didn't own B1 until about 10 years ago when i found it in a garage sale for a nickel along with a 1st ed DMG, PH, and MM all for 1 dollar each. you can only imagine how long it took me to get my wallet out.

Quote Originally Posted by ravells View Post
    Su Liam...you remembered it was in Goblin and not Kobold???
    After at least 25 years????
    Actually, yes. Bree-Yark was my standard greeting for a few years as a teenager. For some inexplicable reason, I never had a girlfriend... Also, I just loved Goblins: loathsome, rubbery things that regenerate after you chop them up. Oh yeah, did I mention I never had a girlfriend in high school?

Strangely enough, after a spate of Caves of Chaos references at the end of last year, I went for a hunt through my tiny garage. So I've read my 3rd edition copy of the D&D Basic Set and Dungeon Module B2 very recently.

Actually, I got it out for the blue rule book. At the back is a Sample Cross Section of the Great Stone Skull, The Pit, and the Domed City, and a map of the tunnels under Zenopus' Tower. I'm lovin' that style.

Yep, I like the direction your map is taking.
    Last weekend, me and my pals we were talking about old times scenarios and about the first one we’ve play: that came to either this one (B2: The Keep on the Borderlands), the B3: Palace of the Silver Princess or in my case, B7: Rahasia.

The only thing missing IMHO, is my petrify elven hero in the middle of the grass area with birds nesting on top of him... old memories are always fun.

Continue your good work,
    Alu.
    Let my fangs find your neck, during the night, so that I can drink your knowledge ...

So it could be use here : www.l-hazard.com

Quote Originally Posted by ravells View Post
    Ahhh those were the days. it brings a warm glow to me heart it does. The only text from KOTB I can remember is the suggested name of an NPC as 'Sho-Rembo'. Next to it was a line drawing of a comely halfling with a pigtail. Why this fact has stayed with me for 25 years I really cannot tell.
    "Sho-Rembo" (David Cohen, of Futurama notoriety, apparently had a PC with the moniker) was named in B1 rather than B2… and I don't recall an illustration.

She must have been an exceptionally comely… and devious!… halfling.

You really cant beat those old mods for some great H&S fun. Good referance material too. I keep copies of B1, X1, X5, U1, U3, B4, C2, B8, B9, collected temple series, collected Slavers series and the collected Demonweb series all right next to my computer just for Ideas/Insperation. Use to have more but they are either in boxes i havent found yet or lost in the sands of time.

(Now, without digging around online who can put names with those Module codes?)

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcrowe View Post
    You really cant beat those old mods for some great H&S fun. Good referance material too. I keep copies of B1, X1, X5, U1, U3, B4, C2, B8, B9, collected temple series, collected Slavers series and the collected Demonweb series all right next to my computer just for Ideas/Insperation. Use to have more but they are either in boxes i havent found yet or lost in the sands of time.

(Now, without digging around online who can put names with those Module codes?)
    B1: In Search of the Unknown
    X1: Isle of Dread
    X5: Castle Amber GOT THIS WRONG!)

C2: Ghost Tower of Inverness
    U1: Sinister Secret of Saltmarsh
    U2: Danger at Dunwater (you didn't list but I do for completions sake)
    U3: Final Enemy
    A-1: Slave Pits of the Undercity
    Temple Series; if it is T1: Village of Homlette, and later the FULL T1-4, Which had T2 as Village of Nulb, and T3-4 Temple of Elemental Evil
    D1: Descent into the Depths of the Earth
    D2: Hidden Shrin of the Kuo-Toa
    D3: Vault of the Drow

And thos off the Top of my Head
    Last edited by NeonKnight; 01-27-2010 at 09:01 AM.
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Very nice Neon!

X5: Temple of Death (Loved Castle Amber but saddly all I have left of my copy is the front cover.)
    B4: The Lost City
    B9: Castle Caldwell and Beyond
    B8: Journey to The Rock
    And yes its the collected versions of Temple/Slavers/Demonweb. (Really want to run these all in order someday.)
    U2 is M.I.A. from my collection.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

I did maps of Castle Amber's interior a while ago - they aren't the greatest but they are here somewhere.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Just replying to say I saw Bree-Yark and got an instant chuckle... has it REALLY been over 25 years!?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast