Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How do I simulate past Ice Ages/glaciation?

Well... drat. Incise flow doesn't stop at selection boundaries. This is going to be trickier than I was hoping. Gotta find a way of running and not running incise flow at the same time?
    My Finished Maps | My Planet Maps | My Challenge Entries | Album: Pre-generated Worlds

------
    Assuming I stick with fantasy cartography, I'd like to become a World Builder, laying out not only a realistic topography, but also the geopolitical boundaries and at least rough descriptions of the countries and societies.

Quote Originally Posted by Master TMO View Post
    Well... drat. Incise flow doesn't stop at selection boundaries. This is going to be trickier than I was hoping. Gotta find a way of running and not running incise flow at the same time?
    I can't reproduce this behavior. Incise flow operates at the editing resolution, which might be a cause for little apparent effect.

Hrmph, I think you're right. I just ran a drastic test case, and it *did* stop at the selection boundary. So I guess I was just mis-interpreting what I saw. It's entirely possible, it's been a very stressful week, and my brain isn't running at peak performance right now. But thank you for checking into it for me!
    My Finished Maps | My Planet Maps | My Challenge Entries | Album: Pre-generated Worlds

------
    Assuming I stick with fantasy cartography, I'd like to become a World Builder, laying out not only a realistic topography, but also the geopolitical boundaries and at least rough descriptions of the countries and societies.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12