Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: [Award Winner] Making Map Borders in GIMP

Thank you for this helpful tutorial. As a noobie cartographer I gobble up all the nuggets of wisdom from you veterans.

Well I'm glad you found the tutorial helpful Siby, and thanks for the feedback.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

So I know I should have responded to this WAAAAAY back but I just realized that I hadn't. I love your tutorials. So well written with excellent explanations (so that it's easy to adjust the results) and a great format. Thanks again !!
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Oh, that was kind of you to say JT, thanks man. I've just spent the day marking crappy essays for a stage 1 Ethics course I'm tutoring (so far, 5 out of the 6 essays have been fails), and this really brightens my day.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm glad I could make your day better.
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected TempyTheCleric's Avatar

I literally found this right when i needed it! Thank you so much - ill have to adapt for photoshop! But thats okay, i so much love your tutorials there so clean looking.

Thanks Miranda, I'm glad to here that the tutorial is helpful to you. BTW, where in Oregon do you hail from? I'm originally from Sandy Oregon but lived in Corvallis for 5 years before leaving the State. Now I'm living in New Zealand and loving it but Oregon will always have a privileged place in my heart.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected TempyTheCleric's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by arsheesh View Post
    Thanks Miranda, I'm glad to here that the tutorial is helpful to you. BTW, where in Oregon do you hail from? I'm originally from Sandy Oregon but lived in Corvallis for 5 years before leaving the State. Now I'm living in New Zealand and loving it but Oregon will always have a privileged place in my heart.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh
    I'm in Oregon City, so we would have been neighbors!

Quote Originally Posted by Miranda Hartrampf View Post
    I'm in Oregon City, so we would have been neighbors!
    Very cool. I do miss Oregon something terrible. Been away now for about 7 years and it is still home to me.

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected JefBT's Avatar

Thank you for this amazing tutorial, I could make an wonderful border in minutes.

Here is what I've done:

Simply amazing tutorial!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast