Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hiborea: A Commission

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Wip Hiborea: A Commission

This is a commission for Depravus this is the continent of Hiborea. There will be three more continents in this series.

This is the basic land shape along with some texture and the major rivers and political boundaries.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hiboreadraft.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	1.05 MB 
ID:	36601
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Publisher Facebook Connected bartmoss's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I like the shape, can't wait to see how this will turn out.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Looks like a fine start...
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

JT you must be the single most prolific artist here at the Guild! How you manage to find time to craft all these maps I'll never know. Keep up the good work though my friend, I'm always excited to see what you've got in store next.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh
    Last edited by arsheesh; 06-19-2011 at 11:15 AM.

Nice start man, look forward to where you take it.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Blog Entries

Praise

Thanks everyone. arsheesh. I have WAY too much time on my hands. This map actually encouraged me to go start up another nation in Nationstates. (more time gone..). Anyway I decided I didn't like the texture in the previous version. I think I use too many textures in my maps and I'm going to go in a different direction with this one.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hiboreadraft.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	423.0 KB 
ID:	36631
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Blog Entries

So I'm having a bit of a struggle with this, I need to several mountains (one long chain and several more dotted about) I've tried a grunge brush and an emboss filter but it doesn't seem quite right and the full on wilbur mountains are a bit too much for the style that I am going for. Any suggestions?

Finished Maps

It's kind of hard to say without knowing what the overall style is going to be. Have you tried hatchures? (Hairy caterpillars)? Or you could just use a single contour line for the chain?

Blog Entries

It's Baffin Island?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast