Long time lurker here, thoroughly enjoying all of the awesome maps and works that people have posted.

My name is Dave, I'm 37 and currently back in school working on a degree in graphic design. So far reading through many of the wonderful mapping tutorials here has taught me oodles about tapping more fully into the capabilities of Illustrator and Photoshop. I'm also an avid reader of fantasy and sci-fi, and when the muse is striking particularly loudly, a writer of the same. I love to doodle out maps when I'm bored; it is a truly great flow of consciousness as I've been developing the milieu for some stories party written, party roaming around in my head. I've always been fascinated by maps & mapping...once I got separated from a group of friends in Grand Central Terminal in NYC but they knew exactly where to find me...enthralled in front of one of the subway maps. I've also been informed on numerous occasions I'm not permitted to own a GPS, because I would get into a wreck from looking at the map readout all the time instead of the road.

I'm looking forward to putting up some work for critique and advice and to continue getting great insight on how to become a better mapper!