Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Butcher, The Baker, and that Other Guy

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Medicman...that's why I do what I do. And to have my mom hang it on the refrigerator. As long as you enjoy something then keep playing with it. Wait, that sounded bad. Anyway, thank you, man.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Out of curiosity do you plan on possibly doing a tutorial for this style map?

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Don't know if I could. It's 99% digitally drawn and colored - the parchment comes from Coyotemax with some brightness tweaks by me, the woodcut waves are a bunch of filters I forget, and the icons I drew on a napkin and cleaned up in Photoshop. If I did a tut results would vary widely so that might be rather useless since everyone draws differently. I could try, I guess. You'd get an understanding of the process and some technical bits about tool functionality in Photoshop. I'll see what I can do over the weekend.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Ah, you're a pro I think you can do it. *wink wink nudge nudge hint hint*

When i grow up, i want make maps like this!

This map is simply amazing, stunningly so. Any publisher out there should snag you up immediately for some map work. Great job!

Awesome map!!! Congratz!!!

Ascension, you continue to amaze me! Really beautiful map, with incredible detail.

Ascension, that is an absolutely wonderful map. I would like to use it for a campaign my wife and I are running. Is there any way I might get a copy of the uncompressed version for personal use?

Guild Novice Kiarelle Alaisdair's Avatar

This map is just glorious and very very inspiring, it was fascinating to go through the WIP thread. Thank you for sharing the progress

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast