Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: June 2011 Challenge Entry - Golem Heights

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Default June 2011 Challenge Entry - Golem Heights

Not many entries this month so I thought I'd jump in and muck about for a few days and see what happens. A desert town with wizards who animate golems out of the plateau that they live on; pretty simple.

### Latest WIP ###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	golem heights.jpg 
Views:	236 
Size:	1.53 MB 
ID:	36679  
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Good thing you're also joining the fun again! Already looking good. So, who's gonne battle who? cheers, DJ

Here's my update. Got some more dock bits to do, not much just making the architecture work properly with the bridge. Need to polish up the shadows for the walls and bridge (it's starts at the river bank and goes up to the plateau supported by arches over the river, looking sort of like an aqueduct). Then I need to figure out how I want to do sand dunes and then start putting little army dudes down.

### Latest WIP ###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	golem heights.jpg 
Views:	237 
Size:	3.43 MB 
ID:	36711  
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

Professional Artist Guild Donor Sapiento's Avatar

Looks good. My only criticism: the black outline of the structures seems to clash with the rest natural features of the map.

Blog Entries

Looking beautiful. This is gonna be a stunner.
    Royal: I'm very sorry for your loss, your mother was a terribly attractive woman.

My Cartographer's Guild maps: Finished Maps

More maps viewable at my DeviantArt page: Ramah-Palmer DeviantArt

Yeah this is looking really sharp Ascension. I'm excited to see the next stage.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

I hear ya Sap, I'm always torn between the realism and the artsy stuff so I always end up with this hybrid thing. I have half a mind to just go full-on hand-drawn and scrap the realism but I don't have much time left.

Professional Artist Guild Donor Sapiento's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascension View Post
    I hear ya Sap, I'm always torn between the realism and the artsy stuff so I always end up with this hybrid thing. I have half a mind to just go full-on hand-drawn and scrap the realism but I don't have much time left.
    Nevertheless a very good looking map so far! I'm eager to see how you make the battle itself.

This looks terrific so far A, but then I'd expect nothing less from you my friend. Looking forward to seeing the final product.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast