Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Finally!

Guild Novice

Post Finally!

At last! I, as many others who have posted here, cannot believe that I've never found this site before. I'm perhaps not the most experienced mapmaker, but I've been obsessed with maps, heraldry, and vexillology for as long as I can remember. I have no real maps to show at the moment (most of mine end up being hand-drawn and never converted to digital form), but I'm decently experienced with Photoshop and will, perhaps, have something to post before too incredibly long.

In any case, hello, all; I look forward to seeing (and eventually creating) some great maps.

Post Welcome

Welcome, AesirKnight.

Please browse - check out our stable of maps.

Maybe you could finder a scanner to capture your hand-drawn works to use as a base for digital maps - I use that technique often. Then I use image editors and paint programs (or Xara Xtreme in my case) and finish the map.

Look forward to seeing what you create!
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Heh! Welcome!

Do not worry about converting your Pen-n-Paper maps to digital form. Post them anyways!

I've got lots of posts of my old Pen-n-Paper maps here in the guild, and others do too! They sure take us back at time.
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Hi Aesirknight! I'm so glad you've found the site! Hmm...you're the second person who has said that it took them awhile to find this place....perhaps we ought to draw a map?

As Neon said, scan those pen and paper maps and put 'em up! Looking forward to seeing your creations!

Community Leader Facebook Connected Badger's Avatar

Welcome Aesirknight. I too am still reeling from the discovery of such a gem as this forum. In the week (?) that I've been here, I've learned quite a bit, most of which is just posted in this forum (Check out the PS tutorials in the Mapping Resources section). You'll also find that everyone here is more than willing to give you advice, tips and explanations on all things maporiffic... welcome to the guild and may your maps bring joy to all

Del

AesirKnight - If you like maps this is the place to be. Welcome, and we're glad to have you!

I like people who come bearing gifts. Thanks for teaching me a new word!

Vexillology: the study of flags.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

Community Leader Facebook Connected Badger's Avatar

lol.. and I thought I was the only one ....

Welcome! So glad you stumbled into our mad plane of existence!

Make sure to contribute lots, encourage lots, and share all you know and learn! Glad you're here.
    Don
    My gallery is here
    __________________________________________________ _______
    "Keep your mind in hell, but despair not." --Saint Silouan [1866-1938]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast