Thread: Map of Norabaar

Guild Applicant

Map Map of Norabaar

So I am making this map for a novel I'm writing and I wanted to get other people's input. Is it any good? Do you have any suggestions? Love to hear from you, and thanks in advance.

-Dorel
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Map 17-08-39.jpg 
Views:	192 
Size:	1.56 MB 
ID:	36728  

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

If this continent is on the northern hemisphere then you have a desert far too north in the northwest. The swamp rivers seem to be flowing inland. But overall, I like it. Don't see many lands laid out so wide like that, kind of a novel idea (at least to me eyes since I don't read that many fantasy books). If you were to flip this around and make it a southern hemisphere continent then the swamp might have to get moved depending on that little bit of land in the southwest - it it's a full continent then things might just be fine.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Guild Applicant

I reworked my map a little according to your advice. I expanded the map and moved the desert into the bottom continent, also I fixed the rivers around the swamp. I also put it onto an old paper background. I'd like to hear what you have to say about this one. Thanks
    -Dorel
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	old_papermap.jpg 
Views:	4343 
Size:	2.16 MB 
ID:	36733  

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Pretty good now. Is the rest of the map going to match what you have going for the forests and cartouche?
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps