Thread: Heya

Default Heya

Somehow or another all of my map related Google searches lead me back here, so figured it's time for an account.

I used to tabletop game when I was younger, and found I had more fun world-building (and map making). Don't pen n' paper anymore (mostly video games, I work at Xbox) but I do write often enough. My most recent project (childrens animal fantasy) is starting to cover more in-world geography than I can keep consistent in my head.

Anyway, once I found myself estimating the average overland movement of field mice (~ 5.6 km per day) I figured it was time to bust out some maps so I could have something more tangible to reference.

/jon

Hello and welcome! I am a new member also, just joined yesterday. You will find that this community is the perfect place to start working on maps, the tutorials you can find here (most in pdf format) are really helpful, i just did 3 maps using various tutorials, so good luck and patience!

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected Rythal's Avatar

Welcome to the Guild!

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Welcome Aboard!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Those field mice only move that far if there are no Little Bunny Foo Foo's around scoopin' 'em up n boppin' 'em on da head. Welcome aboard.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Welcome, Jon. Are the mice the main denizens of the land? I've always enjoyed map scales in units of "days of horseback travel" and such. Mouse-leagues will be a delightful variation on that theme!

If you're already adept with the Gimp and Inkscape, there's beaucoups of tutorials here that'll lead you to a variety of styles. What sort of effect are you going for?

Welcome to the Guild!
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave