Thread: Trying to use RobA's GIMP Mountain Tutorial

Help Trying to use RobA's GIMP Mountain Tutorial

I am on Step 6 of RobA's "Simple Mountains in GIMP" tutorial, and what I have doesn't appear at all like the pictures in the .pdf. This alone would not alarm me, but everything I do from here on out doesn't resemble anything like what I am supposed to be seeing until I end up with what looks like a microscopic close up of a bone nick from a CSI episode rather than a mountain range. I am certain I am doing something wrong, but I have been unable to figure out what that is.

The step reads, "6) Create another black filled layer named "Angular Fill". With our feathered selection, fill it with a Shaped (dimpled) gradient fill." I perform this step (duplicating all of the settings pictured in the .pdf for the Gradient Fill). However, when I complete the fill, instead of getting a Gradient Fill that shows white where the peaks would be I get the opposite (image below) where the white appears on the edges and the center ridge is darkest. I followed all of the steps up until this point to the letter, but I can't seem to get it right. Am I performing the Gradient Fill incorrectly? Am I missing some script or plugin? Can I invert the colors?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mountain Example.jpg 
Views:	197 
Size:	153.6 KB 
ID:	36719
    "I run away, therefore I am." - Monty "the Python" Descartes

Quote Originally Posted by RobA View Post
    It looks like you have BG-FG instead of FG-BG selected in the gradient (blend) tool settings.

-Rob A>
    Thank you thank you thank you, I was hoping you would show. I'll get it another try. Awesome, in the true sense of the word, Tutorial, as always.
    "I run away, therefore I am." - Monty "the Python" Descartes