Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: June/July Challenge Entry: Junjul Isles

Added a compass rose and my wife said the entry chambers should be moved lower so it could be larger.

### Latest WIP ###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	junjulisles.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	1.23 MB 
ID:	36863  
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Not a lot changed here, some tweakage to the compass rose to add a little depth.

Big shout to Arsheesh for his excellent border creation tutorial! The border is result of following his tutorial as closely as I could. It worked like a charm and I can't wait to experiment.

I did find one typo on page 2 "..with a starting canvas size of 1080x1800px (which will then.." should be 1080x1080 I believe.
    Also for some reason I had a one pixel gap along the top edge of the bottom gold line in "Gold Top". I just cut the gold line and the layers beneath it and pasted them up one pixel to fix it. I may have been off in my math or something but I'll keep an eye on it.

I still have to create the scale but that's not a big deal and I'm tired so I'm going to bed. I should be able to get back to this Wednesday for any final touches I can get to.

### Latest WIP ###

Views:	81 
Size:	1.85 MB 
ID:	36891  
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

Hey thanks for pointing out the typo Jax, I plan on going back and editing the tut here in the near future so I appreciate you pointing this out. As for the map, it's looking really nice! I particularly like the zoom in image with it's stylized cross hatching. I also really like the compass rose, but it seems to me that given the heavy grunge (and hatching) style of your map, the compass would look more at home in the map were it likewise grungy. Either way though, it's looking mighty fine man!

EDIT: just took another look at the compass and it looks fine.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh
    Last edited by arsheesh; 07-05-2011 at 02:27 PM.

Thanks guys for the encouragement.

When does this thing end, the 10th or the 15th? I think last time it came up quicker than I was used to. I just want to know so I can think about what to do next and how much I have time for.

It could be anywhere between 10th and 15th (or possibly even after 15th). Just depends on which one of us has time to close the threads and do the voting poll.

Added some rivers, tweaked the coloring on the compass (I think I like this a little better), Added a Mine entrance to the Northernmost Island and added a cavern lair entrance on the southern island. Also modified the frame border to look like it has some depth.

I think I'm about finished on this (which is good because the 10th is in a few hours and that could be the end). If anything catches your eye that perhaps I should give attention to, I thank you in advance for pointing it out.

### Latest WIP ###

Views:	67 
Size:	1.77 MB 
ID:	37006  
    Last edited by Jaxilon; 07-10-2011 at 01:48 AM.

It looks great. I think the new colors for the compass are much better.
    Induite vos armaturam Dei
    Ephesians 6:11

1st paragraph: Extraneous apostrophe in "god's".

Wow, thank you for catching that rdanhenry - most excellent of you.

Corrected god's.

### Latest WIP ###

Views:	55 
Size:	1.86 MB 
ID:	37055  

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast