Thread: June/July Lite Challenge Entry : The Borderlakes

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Map June/July Lite Challenge Entry : The Borderlakes

The first thing I thought about when seeing the challenge was how it looks like a formation of lakes or maybe a swamp with deeper water zones. Tried to draw the rivers and some hills as to make a natural border between 2 cultures (The northern 2 towns and place names are mainly English or English-sounding names, while the southern ones are from Romanian, that's why the 2 main roads don't connect).
    Credit must also go to Gidde for my use of his Mountains and Hills brushes (my brushes where too edgy, seemed to me not to fit this map) and also to StarRaven, the creator of "ravenbrushesv3.abr" brushes, from witch I choose the compass. The rest are my own brushes (had to make a new forest brush, less repetitive).
    I am still thinking about the color theme, mainly trying to get a color scheme of witch i can say "this is it", until now i have 3 versions, not quite sure witch one to pick, I will decide in the days to come. The last 2 are very similar, the last one only has a lighter hue of green (green does seem to fit in better then tan/gold, seems to me a lake region like this with such a golden color to it isn't the best fit)
    Hope you like them and as always pointers and critique are welcome!
    WIP's below:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wip junjul final golden.jpg 
Views:	4763 
Size:	3.79 MB 
ID:	36757   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wip junjul final greenish.jpg 
Views:	1431 
Size:	3.81 MB 
ID:	36758   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wip junjul final greenish2.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	3.59 MB 
ID:	36759  
    Last edited by AlexTna; 06-29-2011 at 06:31 PM.