Thread: Old maps of Norfolk and Suffolk

Post Old maps of Norfolk and Suffolk

First, the FHCO and I are still alive, and in Snapgallows, though work and matching schedules has slowed us considerably.
    And add to it I have recently been assisting relatives in genealogical research for our family tree, I have been busy.
    What this post is about is I am looking for old maps, very old maps of Norfolk and Suffolk in England to plot our family lines on. I have ordered several 1 inch to mile maps from a seller in England, from the 1800's, but what i would like to find is older maps that show as much detail as possible for the counties.
    I know the names of the halls and manors the ancestors lived in, some of which are still there 400 years later, but the ones that are now gone are giving me no end of bother. I am looking to pin point Blogate Hall near Yaxley, which was still standing as far as I can tell in the 1840's/1860s.
    Even better would to be to pin point the site of the feudal farmstead of Belleaugate or Blodegattes, which stood between Eye and Athelington circa 1250 to 1300, but I hold little hope for that.
    Does any one know, especially you all who reside in old Foggy, of a good site to either download/view/order maps from.
    Most I have found don't give a good enough preview for me to see if what I am looking for is on the map, or the interface is so clunky that I can not search the map.
    I have ordered some maps from Godfrey Editions, the 1 inch to 1 mile maps, and await their arrival, but any info advice is greatly appreciated

SeerBlue Blodgett/Blogate/de Blogate/ de Blo/ de Belleau
    Last edited by SeerBlue; 09-10-2008 at 08:05 AM.
    SeerBlue is me, but more importantly the Four Happy Carpet Orcs +2 (FHCO +2) are Lizzy (BumbleMouse, 16), Race (Raith Eliathy, 11), Roy (Ol' Horsehair, 9), and Lena Marie (Lemur, 6) Kimi (Whurm,2), and Sachiko (MoMo,1)
    All creative inspiration is theirs, from characters to maps to tells, I only fill in the details.