Thread: VERY small press requests map for Viking setting

Default VERY small press requests map for Viking setting

KromeDragon Games publishes small Sidetrek Adventures™ and Adventure Delves™ for the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game. I have one completed sidetrek and am finishing a second. This second sidetrek is set in a viking land and has inspired me to more fully explore the setting. As such I am seeking an area map for use in the adventures.

Payment is likely via Paypal. As a small press with no established history (and having just lost my day job and currently unemployed though actively seeking new employment) low costs are vitally important. Please contact me at oclark -at- gmail -dot- com to discuss payment terms.

If possible I would like to publish the first sidetrek in this setting in time for GenCon. I understand that is not far away, and if necessary I am willing to delay publishing until a good map is available.

I am attaching a map I found using Google maps of an area in Norway that is ideal for the location. I very much like the natural look of the map, though understand that it would be quite difficult to reproduce. Artistic license to import the map into a fantasy setting is acceptable and even expected.

I would like a professional or at least semiprofessional presentation for this map as it will be instrumental in the setting and image of the company. The map should be about half a letter page and suitable for printing in color.

I also request sole RPG industry reproduction rights to the map, with the artist retaining copyright, exhibition rights, and rights to publish in a non-RPG industry

Thank you for your consideration.

Orville
    KromeDragon Games

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	setting map.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	326.5 KB 
ID:	36804

Blog Entries

What is the style of map you are requiring ? Is it a satellite render of the area as shown or more of a pen and ink style. Is there a map in the finished section which has the style you want even if the area and shape is not right so that we can gauge what you are after ?

Its not all that difficult for me or someone else to get hold of the DEM height map of this real area of Norway and then generate an image rendered out of that. The style of rendering / shading / artistry used tho makes a big difference to the effort in that process.

I have this shader ready to run if you like this style tho:
    http://www.cartographersguild.com/sh...ll=1#post26968

To be honest, I am not really that picky. lol I like the artists to put their own spin on things. I very much like the satellite image above, however, a pen and ink style that delivers an equally compelling feel of the land is fine as well.

What's the story on this one, is it taken yet?
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Sorry, yes I just assigned to a cartographer. Thank you and sorry I forgot to put that it was assigned.

Oh no worries, I was just wondering if you were dead in the water or not. Plus, I was twiddling my thumbs and thinking I might attempt it if nobody else had picked it up.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Marked as taken.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps