Thread: Hello, my map-loving brethren!

Post Hello, my map-loving brethren!

I am quite pleased that I bumped into this place... And I immediately knew that this place was for me. I draw maps near-constantly, as I got bored in high school quite a bit (just graduated, so that's not a problem anymore ) and I would draw maps in my spare time. I also love the use of visual aids to complement writing... Whenever I write a story, which I do quite often, I drew a map to accompany it. I cannot wait to being producing content and generally becoming part of the give-and-take of the forum.

Let me throw my pride into the wind and establish myself as the biggest noob ever... How do I set an avatar, and is there a thread-subscribe system?

Welcome aboard. You have found what I would say is just about the best site on the web. Lots of map lovers and more stuff to see and do than you can shake a stick at. It seems you already have your avatar set and I expect you will see the subscribe to button whatever thread you are reading so I think you are good to go.

Look forward to seeing some of your stuff and expect you will really enjoy it here!
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Is there any way to auto-sub to a thread by posting in it, or does it have to be manual each time? Thanks for the greeting... I trust that this is a fairly active forum, based on the number of users online. Now what I need more than anything... A document scanner; until then, no maps from me! (sorry!)

In the meantime, I will definately partake in the other offerings the site has. Linguistics in particular caught my eye, and I've been dying to learn Nahuatl.

Welcome to the Guild Fenno! BTW, to answer your original question, there's an option to subscribe to a thread in the "Thread Tools" tab at the top of the first post of each new thread. Also, if you are the one beginning a thread, I think that there is an option to subscribe to the thread before posting. Looking forward to seeing you around.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Welcome Aboard!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Welcome to the Guild!
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave