2 5.13%
  • Aloria Reuinted - by ravells‎

19 48.72%
  • Battle Of The Dot's - by anonymousfromyou

1 2.56%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: *** June Challenge Voting - Map a Battle ***

Default *** June Challenge Voting - Map a Battle ***

This month's challenge was to map a battle. Unfortunately there were a number of withdrawn entries this month. Everyone must have been exhausted after last month's contest!

We don't seem to have thumbnails so links to the entries are below.

Please vote for 1 entry.

Golem Heights - by Ascension
    Battle of Drakenburg - by Sapiento
    Battle for Musamonis - by Djekspeck
    Bluemarble Battle - by JBGibson
    Aloria Reunited - by ravells
    Battle of the Dots - Anonymousfromyou

Wow, quite a few drops this month, that's a bummer but it happens.

So, since it's only a few to choose from I can talk about what I like in all of them

Golem Heights - by Ascension - This is an awesome looking desert type map. I would love to see it finished just because I think it's cool enough on it's own. Obviously you didn't have enough time to complete it but what you have here is almost enough to garner my vote anyway.
    Battle of Drakenburg - by Sapiento - Good looking map, great icons and the technical aspects if you watch the motion video of the battle is so cool. I think some ghost arrows or something to show the planed movement of the units would be worth trying to help follow the action.
    Battle for Musamonis - by Djekspeck - Gorgeous entry. Love the look of every aspect of this it really looks like a board game to me. If you made this into an entire world you could be looking at a Risk/Axis&Allies competitor.
    Bluemarble Battle - by JBGibson - Wow, what a concept. In the end I think it was so far out of the box it was difficult to see it as a map. I'm not sure how we vote on multi image entries like that either but I applaud the expanding paradigms.
    Aloria Reunited - by ravells - This totally made me think I was reading a history book. The map is nicely done and markers & locations made good sense. I looked this over quite a bit and my only gripe is that I didn't get mentioned, LOL.
    Battle of the Dots - Anonymousfromyou - This looks old school to me. Like the old IBM football game with the "X's" and "O's" where you chose the plays and watched them go. It also reminds me of a Lite-Brite

In the end I voted for ravells Aloria Reunited because it just seemed so professional and understandable. It was just like a history book in my opinion (the page number was a great touch by the way). If I had another vote I would have voted for DJ's because it's total awesomeness.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

I wont lie. Those all seemed better then mine in a few ways; but at the end of the day when i see mine i just smile & have honor. I don't have that same feeling for the rest.

Truly great though.

@anonoymousfromyou, I didn't think about it but because you are fairly new here and just in case you wondered about my post - you should know that around here "old school" is honored and appreciated. Before long you will see how folks love the old school feel.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

Thanks, i was just trying to be the active member you guys deserve. Even if everyone created a hour-long attempt, it would make these 100x funner to really view them and compliment (or insult) eachother's creations.

Like i said, my took a few hours which i think i can spare every *month* and it was a lot of fun i learned a lot doing research. Hopefully others will do the same.

You have exactly the right spirit. I try to do as many as I can as well just because I always learn something which makes me better in the long run.

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

great mapping all, and congrats to anony... for joining up - great entry ... my vote went to Ravi for a great looking depiction of a battle. I had hoped to make an entry myself this month but got "dragged" away on holiday
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

I like these.

Ascension - if it's the Golem Heights, for me the river must be the Jour-don, and that pub >there< is probably the Pal & Stein. But then I'm easily amused :-). Syriasly, it's a neat map, and I like that contour-tracking wall.
    Sapiento - I have tried animated maps, and I know this had to be hard. You made it come out just right. I need to learn how to do such a thing with flash - my attempt was an animated gif, and I about went nuts. I saw a unit seem to change color too - it might've been the other-color marker just occupying the same space in frame X as the original did in frame X-1. Or they were practicing their deception skills to shake up the opponents.
    Djekspeck - this was by a small margin my favorite. For some reason the units remind me of those in an old Microgame called Rivets. Kind of scared to touch the electromechanical frame of awesomeness, though.
    ravells - pretty much everything about this just WORKS. You're really good at this. Now can we see the rest of the book, pleasepleaseplease?
    Anonymousfromyou - I appreciate the spirit, and it makes me smile. Really, it only would take a little explanatory text and it could illustrate some set-piece historic matchup.

As for mine - I enter these contests for the fun of it and to get better. Far as I'm concerned, I won, 'cause I made ten or twenty people grin. Jax, just think of it as a stylized battle map (the last frame) with insets. A LOT of insets :-). If I'd had more time I'd probably have done something conventional - goodness knows the various planets and nations I'm involved with have had plenteous conflicts to document.

I think there has been a mistake.. i am pretty sure my "1" vote should be "100" who do i contact about this glitch?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast