Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RPG Fantasy Map Concept

Publisher Facebook Connected bartmoss's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostman View Post
    Doesn't look pink at all to me. It's either your eyes or your PC screen messing with the colors.
    Oh, definitely my eyes

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

looking good - yes, as you yourself have mentioned, the mountains could use a bit more variance - and one other thing that springs to mind is that the forest, although looking better now its green, is missing some shading which is making them insignificant looking in comparison to the mountains ... looking forward to seing more
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Just a quick picture-less update. I've started redrawing the mountains by hand using a Wacom Tablet, I'll post the 'finished product' when I'm finished.

This is already looking quite effective, Vokell. When you place your new mountains, try varying their alignment more. See north and west of Sylvandias where you get what looks like NW to SE lines, as the NE sides of your mountain symbols line up?

Looking good. I like the green tinge on the forests as well.

You do know you are asking for the River Police to question you about that lake draining towards the Sea and splitting into three branches before it arrives, yes?
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Blog Entries

I like the map and think the green adds to it. Of all of it the coast is really nice but I am less keen on the mountains. I think this is because Im just not a fan of top down maps with side on mountains (any kind of terrain details side on). With the trees it kind of works because there are so many it just looks textured but where the mountains are big icons then it looks odd to me. There are other types of line art mountain representations which I think look better in this sort of map. I think Djekspek has posted some but I cant recall exactly where I saw them now. But generally, I like it.

Guild Journeyer

Well I'm going to say I think the lake and river are alright. The bay the river drains into will likely have low tides (assuming the world has a moon to create them in the first place), making conditions good for delta formation rather than an estuary. Set against that that the river won't carry much silt (because most will get dropped in the bottom of the lake) - except perhaps in spring floods when snowmelt from the mountains raises the lake level - and I think the depicted "mini-delta", with its land forested, may be reasonable.

(In this argument I'm assuming that the lake surface is at a relatively low altitude above sea level, so the river flowing out is fairly gently flowing. Of course that may not be your intention.)

To tell the truth, the river has begun to feel out of place to me. When I first put it in I did so with a delta because I thought it looked cool, that and I thought that most rivers have deltas. I'm not even sure if I want the lake to be fresh water yet or not, it is large enough to actually be more of an inland sea anyways.

Unfortunately for you Redrobes I am doing mountains in the same style, however since I'm doing them all by hand they will have more varying details on each mountain. It is taking me some time however, real life can be busy at times, but I hope to get it done soon so that I can show everyone.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12